Monday, February 8, 2010

DAY THIRTY NINE- February 8, 2010

I thought of Coach Raundee throughout the day. I needed to eat something green, eat some grains and carbs, and eat some healthy fat. Then I added my own needs-- fruit and veggies every day. For breakfast I had my oatmeal (no milk) mixed with blackberries so that the berries are just little bits, not whole. For a snack I had 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with 1/2 peach. For lunch I had one cup of potato soup (my carbs). Kali was not happy with me, but that's all I had and I did 90 crunches tonight besides my Tai Chi, so I'm good with my cup of soup. For dinner I grilled my 4 oz. salmon fillet in this cool cast iron frying pan my daughter has that has raised grids built into the bottom of it so it gives you the actual grill effect. I know.... I'm easily amused. I cooked it in a tblsp. of orange juice and when I turned it over I sprinkled the Grillmaster lemon pepper. That's it. It's was yummy.

I also cooked up fresh veggies: zucchini, spinach leaves, yellow squash, mushrooms, red pepper, and tomatoes. I steamed the asparagus because I don't like it soggy. A lot of fresh veggies though. I still made my best shot at healthy meatloaf for my daughter and her husband. I made it with egg, oatmeal, a little mustard, spinach (threw fresh leaves in there, and a little salsa and garlic. My daughter tasted it and asked what happened to the topping I usually put on top. I usually put ketchup and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Then I add a few strips of bacon. Not today. She complained, but I told her it was better for her and she ate it. Her hubby said it was good (of course what else would you tell your mother-in-law). My daughter made a pumpkin cheesecake. I checked the calories and pumpkin is great for low calorie. Cream cheese isn't bad either. I had a small slice. Yum! I'd never had that.

Between Kali giving me the smackdown on my soup and having the little piece of cheesecake I decided to do both the Tai Chi and my crunches. I did 90 crunches (3 sets of 30) during commercials. I'm telling you the bed exercising is great. I used to hate commercials and I watch two shows a week-- don't have time for much else, but I also catch HGTV right before I go to sleep. I've gotten in the habit of commercial= crunches or elbow to knee cycling. It's pretty easy and I can tell a difference in my stomach. It's also a lot easier on my bad hip. I did a few Pilates on the floor tonight and switched to Tai Chi because I could feel the hip pulling.

Overall, I felt pretty good about trying to hit Raundee's main points of eating healthy. My stomach was a little bloated tonight though, so I think I need to take it easy on too many veggies at once. The whole listen to your body thing again. Well I have a couple players who want to shoot around with me in the morning.... early... so I better get to bed. I'm going to make them do my 20 minutes- no stopping the feet workout with me and we'll see how they do. They're just freshmen so the fact they asked to come that early is impressive in itself, so I might take it easy on them.... nah. :)

Jac is the coach tomorrow. She always makes me do those lunges-- killin' me Jac. And she made me hit the weight room (paybacks I know). I will do that right after the 20 minutes of shooting, but I may modify... but I WILL try. Just for you Jac because I love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed