Tuesday, February 9, 2010

DAY FORTY- February 9, 2010

So it occurred to me that I did not weigh in last week during my illness. I confess that I did think about it on Saturday, but wasn't at school to weigh on the scale and I honestly have never owned a scale. I knew I didn't exercise last week too much being sick, so if I just maintained, I would be good with that. After my 20 minute shootaround in the gym this morning I had to go to the weight room (thanks to coach Jac) and I remembered. I did the lunges (thank you for lowering it to 20) and I did some of the weights, but the weight room was full of football players, so I didn't want to show off too much.... yeah right. I went in and weighed in and had the coach record my weight (it does make a difference when you make yourself accountable in writing to someone else who watches you weigh in and writes it down). I'm at 155! I have officially lost 10 pounds. Funny thing is-- I don't really notice much difference other than my stomach muscles are firmer.

Okay, so I have to share the 20 minute workout thing. My two freshmen came in and I was already part way through my workout. I showed them what to do and how simple it was and when they hit the 15 minute mark-- they were dying on me. The have added respect for their "old" coach now. :) I don't know if they'll be back on Thursday though. I bet they will though because they miss it already. I love basketball, so it's a good fit for me as far as a cardio workout. I also think it's good for them to see that simply doing that is a workout and not just running to run. Now if you're in track, that's a different story... Track... it's just around the corner. And my knees and hip can thank that wonderful part of my life for why I have the worn body parts there already. Too many miles on country roads, dusty hills, and cinder tracks. I just drive everywhere now... which is why I am trying to lose weight!

I was going to do the yogurt breakfast this morning but got to school and my yogurt that I keep in the fridge was VERY obviously expired. I'm spewing right now at the memory of that horrid first bite. Always check the expiration date. Another thing-- I do not tolerate splenda, aspertane, any artificial sweetners at all. In fact my tongue instantly bumps up. My family can verify this. I defaulted to my oatmeal and blackberries. For lunch I did have the chicken salad as directed. For dinner, I was set to cook it, but my daughter had cooked some pinwheel pasta dish. She even threw in tomatoes although she doesn't like them. I had some 9 grain toast with it because I needed the fiber or something. I craved the whole wheat, so I ate it. No dessert tonight. I did try some quaker rice snacks. I felt like I was eating puffy cardboard with sugar spray on it. That's all I can say about it. They may be low-cal, but honestly... what's the point in eating that. I'd rather have one chocolate covered cherry and enjoy it if I'm going to eat just to eat!

So enough about fat and food! I loved Jac's quote for today: "Faith is not only a feeling; it is a decision." It's perfect timing. Why not believe? Believing is a choice too. And as a coach, I see what happens when a team believes. In life, I've seen what happens when there is belief. Believe in each other, in love, in the eternal prospect of life, in the goodness in people, in the positives in life, in the possibilities in life. It's a great reminder to focus more on what we have instead of what we don't have and what we're doing about it (like believing) instead of whining. Great quote.

I am also going to buy the book Jac and let you know what I think (but I know we like many of the same books, so I'm anxious to read it). "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks. Tomorrow is coach Jackie.. we fondly call her whacky Jackie (love you Jackie)... not to be confused with Jac (different person). Jackie has gone down a pant size, while I just seem to "comfortable" in my clothes again. I have faith... I believe.... that I am going to lose more weight and continue to find food and fitness that can be a normal part of my lifestyle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed