Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 145- Healthier Eating Journal

The husband is killing my diet! Big time! I told him tonight that we're going to have to have new rules about eating when I come home this summer. Of course we'll be packing most of the time, so that'll make it easier because we'll be burning off calories. And we did plant the garden and a lot of flowers today, so we did get some exercise. He did more than I did so it doesn't hurt him to eat so much. Plus guys get 2000-2200 calories per day (maintain weight calories) and girls only get 1300-1400 per day. It's kind of like a gas tank. Bigger vehicles with bigger gas tanks have to have more gas to fill them up. I sometimes envy his 2000 calories, but really.... not too often.

Today when he took me to Mrs. Powells (see what I mean about a bad influence) I had to get one of those orange cinnamon rolls. That’s when I envied his 2000 calories. I tried googling the calories and couldn't find them anywhere so if anyone finds them... please tell me. I found lots of other cinnamon rolls and I'm guessing each one is about 450-500. I ate half for lunch and half for dinner. I know..... bad.

Did I mention we planted the garden?  Okay... I ate 500 calories and maybe burned off 200 in my measly couple hours of being outside today. The husband probably burned off his whole roll though because he did a lot more digging. I only dug some smaller holes and pulled some weeds and planted some of the plants and flowers. Plus... he cooked me breakfast.... again.

So he spoils me, but I told him when I get back next week I only want my yogurt or cereal for breakfast. We should only cook breakfast once a week-- Saturdays. He agreed. So he made me some homemade hashbrowns but he used oil so I didn't eat much... maybe 1/2 cup (90). Just bothers my stomach now. He hard boiled my egg and I mushed it up while it was hot and put butter spray and pepper on it (90). Then we had another slice of that whole wheat/flax seed round bread toasted w/butter spray (80). Oh, and of course 2 slices of bacon (90). That’s another 350 calorie breakfast.

Then later I had a snack of 1 cup of cut up strawberries and bananas (50)

Lunch as Mrs. Powells was ½ bag of Sun Chips (75), ½ of a ½ sandwich (250), and ½ cinnamon roll (250). Total lunch calories= 575

For supper I stir-fried (in spray) asparagus, zucchini, squash, mushrooms and a couple left over shrimp from last night (I had two in mine). Total calories 90. I seasoned it with the Montreal Steak seasoning. I always zap the asparagus (put 1 tblsp. of water in the bottom of the bowl) for 5 min. before draining it and adding it to the stir fry pan. I also had 1 cup of the left-over broccoli salad from last night (200). I also had the other half of my cinnamon roll (250). Total Dinner Calories= 540

I had a horrid 1500 calorie day. I’m headed back across the state at 5am so I’ll be able to eat light tomorrow. I do think I at least burnt of 100 calories today with all the yard work, so I guess it isn’t that bad…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed