Tuesday, May 18, 2010

DAY 134- Healthier Eating Journal

Redeemed myself today.... mostly. It helps that a HUGE load of stress was removed today. The husband was offered a job on this side of the state. You see, we've been together since we were 17 and we turn 48 in a couple of months so this has been one of the LONGEST years of our relationship life! Prayers answered. Stress relieved. I'm feeling happy! One day I think "I eat when I'm stressed" and another day I think "I eat when I'm happy" so..... okay.... I just eat when I'm emotionally up OR down. Great.....

So, back to the good news. It was a very busy day and not the model of a perfect day where I accomplished all I wanted to, but it was busy and I was happy and I didn't go over my calories. Can't complain. In fact, I will have a multitude of gratitude tonight in my bedtime discussion with the man upstairs. He will be happy to have a break from my whining and wishing I'm sure. I will ask forgiveness for my impatience (and whining) as well.

Okay, so the food..... I had an Activa yogurt to start my day off and took an apple for my morning snack. Thank you Mandy for the healthy food purchases in your coupon shopping last night. For lunch I had a Smart Choice lasagna w/spinach that was very good and 290 calories. It was plenty filling as well. Stayed after school to put together my awards for tomorrow's Performing Arts Award Ceremony and to get ready for tonight's Academic Awards Ceremony so I had some Wheatables whilst waiting. I didn't take all my salad ingredients (can't just eat lettuce) so I ran home and decided to have half a sandwich and a banana instead-- quick and easy. My daughter found some all natural organic lunch meat and it's normal thickness (not wafer meat) and one slice was plenty for my 1/2 sandwich. Imagine my joy when I discovered it was only 20 calories per slice. The low-fat cheese was both tasty and low-cal (50) as well and the 80 cal. whole wheat bread and 1 tblsp. of lite miracle whip all added up to a whopping 170 for the sandwich and 80 for the small banana. So yeah.... pretty low-cal quick dinner.

When I got home, I was still hungry and remembered she bought grapes too, so headed downstairs to get them. I spied chicken nuggest on Rello's plate and knew he was done (meaning they would go to waste) so I popped two in my mouth and headed down to get the grapes because they're 25 calories for 10. The daughter asked me if Rello ate his nuggets and I fessed up, then seeing her expression asked how many calories were in them. I will just say..... they are devil food. They are Redi-serve chicken nibblers-- WARNING: They are 50 calories per nugget and we're talking little bite thingies! 100 calories in like 2 seconds! Good thing I had a low-cal day! What if I had popped 5 of those in my mouth or 10. 10 Bites= 500 calories! Whew!!! It could have been worse. So I ate my grapes and steered clear of the nibblers!

BREAKFAST: Activa Strawberry Yogurt (110)
Snack: Apple (90)
LUNCH: Smart Ones Frozen Dinner (290)
Snack: Wheatables (140)
DINNER: 1/2 Sandwich and 1 small banana (250)
Snack: Evil chicken nibblers (100) and 20 grapes (50)

Total Calories= 1100 and 19g of fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed