Saturday, May 1, 2010

DAY 118- Healthier Eating Journal

Still no baby. Slept in this morning and it was well needed after yesterday's sleep deprivation! Okay, whining is never attractive. So it occurred to me that I haven't weighed myself in a while. I fired back up the Wii Fit and it gave me the usual lecture about not being on in a while and I was one day short of 3 weeks! I really didn't think it had been that long. But you have to remember I'm a girl that has hardly ever weighed myself before and I've never bought a scale in my life. So.... I have lost 3 more pounds. As I noted before, I'm happy with a pound a week now instead of two or three because I'm almost at my weight goal and the idea is to eat in a way that I WANT to eat so it's a habit and not a diet. I have now lost 23 pounds and weigh 143. Only three pounds to go by July 1st. That was my New Year's goal (that and blogging about it every single day) and I am going to make both of those goals. This could possibly be the first New Year's goal I have ever made! Woo Hoo!:D

I know there are people out there reading this so I'd appreciate it if you would share your stories on here once in a while so I don't feel like a stranded Gilligan on a made-up island. Jackie, thanks for your feedback on here and I'm glad you introduced your co-workers to 100 calorie mini pouch popcorn and the importance of fiber. The more people you tell about healthy eating (in a non-annoying or lectorious way-- yes I meant to spell it that way) , the more apt YOU are to stick to it. It's called saving face. :D I'd also like to hear if anyone else has been doing the--- ask how many calories are in your order when you go through the drive-through window somewhere. I hit Wendy's today as planned and ordered the cup of chili (which I already know how many calories are in) and then I asked how many calories are in a small smoothie. She said, "One minute ma'am and I'll find out." Then she came back and told me 300. I didn't get it, but I was impressed that she was both polite and cooperative. Chili also has good fiber by the way and is very filling. Of course those two things kinda go together....

So I planted flowers in front of my rental today. I know.... why do I keep doing all this stuff when I'm just temporarily living here....? Because I'm temporarily living here... duh! Plus, if I move out, the next person will surely enjoy them too. Oh, and I was looking up calories burned and gardening was right up there. I took Rello out there to help me out but he wanted to pick them already before I even got them into the ground. I probably burned off more calories chasing him around the yard to get the flowers back, than I did planting all of them. We both got our exercise.

Then I did my favorite Saturday activity (other than hanging out with my sweetie) and that is yard-saling and second-hand shopping. I needed a few more things for my drama costumes. I found some perfect things but the one cashier did look at me strangely when I purchased the silver sequin blouse. I mean it was 100% sequins! What? I wouldn't look stylin' in that flashy shirt? I thought about telling her it was for a costume, but I'm sure I'll be a conversation piece this way. :D

Was going to cook breakfast but I ran to the store to get some bacon and when I got back, they had already eaten! So, I had my frosted mini-wheats. A good fiber start for the day. I tried the strawberry frosted ones and they make strawberry milk in your bowl. Brought back some good childhood memories of the strawberry Nesquik (?) powder for making strawberry milk. Okay, you purist have to remember that I'm eating healthier, I'm not going granola here. Sorry. Have to make it real. And the fiber in it is good for you!

So I'll just do the food breakdown and get to bed:

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230 cal. and 7g of fiber)
Snack: Banana (80 and 3g of fiber)
LUNCH: 1 cup of Wendy's chili w/saltines (187 cal. and 4.7g of fiber)
Snack: mini-snickers ice cream snack (90 cal.)
Dinner; Crockpot chicken (180), 1/2 cup of brown rice (150 and 2g of fiber), 1/2 corn on the cob (70), 1/2 cup of fresh steamed squash (40)
Night Snack: craving the strawberry mini-wheats again, but only a few with some milk (200 and 6g of fiber)

Total Calories Today=1240-1300
Total Fiber= 25grams (my highest day!!!)

Calorie info provided by the labels on the food and/or calorieking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed