Tuesday, May 4, 2010

DAY 120- Healthier Eating Journal

Word of the Day--- Eggs
Be sure to read the egg info in the blog right below this one. It was pretty interesting. Like any food-- including the colon cleansing cabbage-- you have to be careful of eating too much of any one thing. But eggs really do get a bum wrap. I wouldn't eat them every day and probably no more than a couple times a week as just eggs, but we also use them in cooking and baking.

On the fiber note-- I had a General Mills Fiber One bar today and not only did it NOT taste like cardboard-- it was really good. Like I'd eat it even if it wasn't high in fiber. It was the chewy oatmeal and chocolate chip. Today I hit 23g of fiber. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself and pretty on top of my digestive system and metabolism.

So today was a c-razy day. We're doing all the last minute stuff for the play. Finishing costumes. Finishing set details. Checking props. Moving everything on to the stage. Rehearsing before, during, and after school. Tomorrow is dress rehearsal. I am going back tonight to do some more detail on the set and my son and his wife are coming in to help out along with some students. Everyone seems to be working hard to get their dance routines down, memorize their lines, and come together as a team/cast. We shall see tomorrow, but at least I know they are really sincerely trying. I am already very proud of them just for stepping it up.

Knowing I'd be just going and going today and that I'd be going back tonight, I added 200 calories to my dinner tonight. I know once I get over there that I'll just keep going and I remember to drink water, but I rarely stop for anything else once I get going. It's like end of third quarter. Tomorrow is the first of the 4th quarter (dress rehearsal) and the show is Thursday (end of 4th quarter). You'd think each Act would be a quarter but it isn't for me. Everything leading up to the show is an important quarter. Okay, enough analogies.

I'm doing this early tonight because I'm heading back to school in an hour after Rello wakes up from his nap. His mommy (my daughter) still hasn't had the baby yet, but she was not feeling well today so her husband took her in to the doctor and she was a little dehydrated so they hooked her up to the I.V. and put some fluids back in her. She gets to come home today, but she's also ready to have the baby and they said it could still be any time. We hope it's not tonight because she needs to be feeling better to go through labor. With my luck, it'll be Thursday-- the day of the play. Then what? Hopefully that's a bridge we don't have to cross. Her dad will be here though, so that is a relief. He's flying in early because of an interview. I don't think he'd be much of a labor coach though (speaking from experience here). Might send him to run the play if I have to choose. He's watched me do that enough that I think he could handle it and the kids really are stepping up. Okay... too much stress... I don't want to think about what if.....

Here's my menu today:

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230 calories and 6g of fiber)
Snack: 100 calorie cheese pack AND 140 Calorie Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar (9g of fiber)
LUNCH: Healthy Choice Turkey Breast Dinner (290 calories and 9g of fiber)
After School Snack: Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bar (90)
DINNER: ½ Sandwich w/4 thin wafer meats (50) on whole grain (100) w/lettuce, pickle, and ½ slice of cheese (50). Sandwich = 200 calories. 15 chips (160 calories and 1g of fiber). ½ cup of potato salad (150 calories and 2g of fiber). Total Dinner Calories= 510

Total Calories Today=1400
Total Fiber Today= 27 grams

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed