Monday, May 17, 2010

DAY 133- Healthier Eating Journal

Had a terrible eating day. Didn't make good choices. Stress-eating at its best. Not good. I went 300 calories over my recommended daily calorie intake. For my age and size I am supposed to eat about 1400 to MAINTAIN my weight. That means I need to eat less to lose it and if I eat more.... I gain. See.... this is how we gain weight.... one BBQ at a time. It was hot today and I ran around with my head cut off between Romeo and Juliet class rehearsals and setting up the BBQ luncheon in my room, so I did sweat off a few little calories, but pretty sure I didn't come close to getting rid of 300. My daughter said I could go down and burn off 130 in 20 minutes on the wii step program. I am headed down as soon as I finish typing that. Even so.... I'm going to be over. And... I still have papers to grade.

Food Intake For the Day-

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230)

SNACK: Wheatables 140 and ½ cup of Fruit Loops (50)

LUNCH BBQ: Chorizo w/bun (370) , 2 types of Pasta Salad (400), Brownie, (80)

SNACK: Quaker Granola Bar (110)

DINNER: Bowl of Hamburger Soup (200) and piece of whole wheat toast (110)

Total Calories= 1700


To get back on track, my daughter, the coupon queen, is venturing out to shop tonight and she is bringing me back the food that's been helping me make better decisions. Our rental fridge went out last week and we've had to pack everything into a smaller fridge PLUS we've just been swamped with the play and babies being born, etc. and I've just realized that I need to restock on healthier choices if I'm going to avoid gaining any weight back. So.... she's going to pick up the butter spray that ran out yesterday. And.... she's getting me more of the frozen dinners for lunch. And of course fresh fruit and yogurt. More importantly though, I just need to watch my choices. I didn't need to eat some of both pasta salads-- one would have been enough. I usually don't eat the bun with the chorizo and they would have saved 100 calories right there. See... just those two choices-- no bun and only one helping of pasta salad would have put me at normal calorie intake today and I would have still enjoyed the BBQ and a brownie. My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed