Friday, May 28, 2010

DAY 142- Healthier Eating Journal

Last day with students. Had a cafeteria yogurt (90) for breakfast because I was running around getting things organized and forgot my own yogurt. Didn't bring any other food because I knew we were doing the freshmen celebration bbq in my room. I was smarter this time and didn't have a bun. Had a turkey hotdog (no bun), some homemade potato salad that was yummy and some taco salad that was even yummier. It was not your typical taco salad. It had the beans, hamburger, cheese, doritos, and some type of seasoning/sauce. Very good. Beans are good fiber. I had one of Julie's brownies too (80).

The celebration went very well and the class officers did such an awesome job of organizing it, setting up and taking down. The had their slide show (thank you Kelsey), their class talk, and their food. It was a great way for them to say good-bye and celebrate that they survived their first year of high school. They really are one of the best classes I've ever taught. I love them and will miss them. More importantly, they know that.

So after school got out one of our teacher (the single one that played Gene Simons in my play) got his first house and had a house warming party after school. It was very bachelor looking but it was a nice touch to see he matached the wood shades with the color of his accent wall. Nice job Toby. He needs some help on the furniture though (I think his nightstand is the laundry hamper) so I told him I'd see what I could find at my house this weekend. One of his bedrooms had an ottoman from the 70's in it and that was about it.... so yeah.... I will see what I can find. It was a fun party and he was very excited about his first new house. Oh and I had some pulled pork (no bun) and some awesome broccoli salad while I was there.

Then I snuck away and headed across the state to surprise my hubby. He wasn't expecting me until tomorrow night. I knew he was reffing and would be home late so I took my time and stopped along the way to shop. Bought myself my overdue new dresses. Then stopped again (I wanted him to answer the door) to kill more time at Wal-mart. Picked up groceries because I knew what kind of food I would find once I got there (if there would even be any). I called while I was shopping and discussed the food. He loves it when I talk to myself as I shop and he's on the phone. Not. :D Needless to say, when I knocked on the door and he answered it, he was speechless. He had reffed six games and was still in his ref uniform so he was also stinky!

I still love him though and it was a nice surprise. So I better go visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed