Sunday, May 2, 2010

DAY 116- Healthier Eating Journal

Question of the day-- how many calories are in a cup of homemade potato salad (that someone else makes and they're not using diet anything)? Answer: 350 calories. Unfortunate part-- didn't know that till after the BBQ. So, missed my calorie mark by 200 today thanks to one indulgence. That's all it takes though. No, I'm not devastated, it just means that I have to go for a walk or something extra besides just my normal night time exercises and of course, I definitely need to do my exercises tonight. Maybe I'll go through some of the dance routines I put together for the play. That's always a good workout and it doesn't even seem like one at all. Okay, to some people, it isn't . To me, it is.

So it was a beautiful Sunday. The sun was shining and I'm sure, somewhere, the birds were singing. Church was good for my soul :D. Poor Rello was sick today though and he loves church. He got up. I cooked breakfast. He took one sip of orange juice and couldn't keep it down. We thought maybe he just tried to drink it too quick and he ate some scrambled eggs. I gave him a bath and got all dressed up for church then he laid down on my floor. I got an instant replay of the eggs. He stayed home w/mom and dad and he was sleeping by the time I got home. He's had a rough day, but no fever. He just told me he was ready to go to church. Doesn't quite understand yet. He does seem to be feeling better though.

I made scrambled eggs w/spinach this morning and link sausages and French Toast w/my 10 cal. per 1/4 cup sugar free syrup. Right after church I was going to grab an apple, but there was only one left and it's just not polite to wrestle a pregnant lady for food. Of course this is the same P. Lady who had 4 cheese Digiourno ? pizza ready when I got home. I'm not a big fan of pizza, but every now and then it sounds good. I only had 1/2 a slice though because most pizza is 300-400 a slice and I was headed to a BBQ. Already told you what I ate at the BBQ. When I got home I could have just been good w/what I ate all day and would have met my calorie goal, but I was only at 10g of fiber. That's not good at all. So I ate my frosted mini-wheats about 7pm and at least got up to 16g of fiber. I also went from 1200-1400 calories, but I got in fresh veggies and fruits today and my fiber, so I can live with that. I'm only three pounds from my goal weight and I have a month to get there, so I'm feeling pretty positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed