Sunday, May 23, 2010

DAY 139- Healthier Eating Journal

Still recovering from my weekend rendezvous/getaway with the husband in our former hometown. Got home this morning in time to get changed and head to church. Still thinking about the boat trip down the Snake River yesterday and all the great scenery in our driving over the weekend (see yesterday's blog). The only downside to my trip (besides little sleep) was the sagebrush and weather change. Between the two I have the kleenex-made tampon up the left nostril tonight because it just keeps running. There was a ton of sagebrush there and I don't know why it didn't bother me more when we lived there. At any rate, it was still a fantastic weekend with our friends Ron and Alice.

When I headed out this morning I grabbed a banana and some hot chocolate (that was not more than 70 degrees because I don't want to increase my chances 7X of getting throat cancer). It wasn't a very normal breakfast but I was in a hurry and on the road and tired. So it worked. I didn't have time to grab lunch so ate when I got out of church about 2:30. I was starving by then so I grilled a steak, baked a potato and steamed some broccoli. Mom and dad and Sandy came over to see the new addition to the family-- grandbaby #7-- and I visited a little bit but couldn't stay awake. I left them to visit with Russ and Mandy and had to lay down. Sorry mom. I woke up about 8pm (hope I can sleep tonight). Mandy made cookies and I was hungry again. I know... I shouldn't eat that late... and there I go with the cookies again. It's Sunday... we do cookies on Sunday. They were dinky sized cookies (which you would think would be better calorie-wise but then you eat 3 instead of 2 so same diff). Not a very normal or healthy dinner, but it's been an odd day. I'm going to go gargle with some salt water and make sure I don't start a cold. Then, I'm going to try to go to bed again and I'll just get up way early in the morning.

Today's Food Intake:
BREAKFAST: Banana and hot chocolate (12 oz.) 230
Snack: Pastry (what? I found it in the car) 200
Lunch: 4 oz. steak, 1/2 cup baked potato w/butter spray and 1 tblsp. of sour cream, 1/2 cup steamed broccoli, 1 piece of toast w/homemade apricot jam (450)
Dinner: 3 very small choc. chip cookies 150-210

Total Calories= 1100

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed