Monday, May 3, 2010

DAY 119- Healthier Eating Journal

It felt like Act I of Wizard of Oz today. It was SO windy. Just when I think it's going to turn into summer.... I am reminded it can still be cold. One good thing about the wind is that it won't freeze tonight because of the wind.

When I started this blog I weighed 167 pounds. Some of you may be thinking "that's not that bad" but I weighed 152 pounds when I was 9 months pregnant with my last child. Tonight I told my husband that if I ever start weighing that much again and he tells me that I am not fat and that I look just fine.... that is the same as telling a smoker that the cigarettes are fine for them to smoke. Go ahead... it won't kill ya! Is that really love? No! I don't intend to get to that weight ever again, but even it I creep back up from my 143 to 153, I think he'll be educated enough now when I say "I'm getting fat again" to say "then let's go get some healthier groceries" or "I need to lose a few pounds too-- let's work on it together" or "if you want to lose weight again, just tell me how I can help". Just don't say, "You're fine!"

He's been reading health books now and last night he told me that the bad cholesterol is what sits there in your jelly roll, spare tire, flab slab, whatever you call that pooch in the front of your stomach. It's all the gross, bad cholesterol. Loading up on fiber will help speed up your metabolism and clean out the sewer, so to speak.... unload some of the spare tire. Be sure to read the info directly below this post to find out about how cabbage can help cleanse you too. Just remember though that too much cabbage can make you gaseous and cramped. Twice a week alternated w/once a week would be plenty.

Today I had a student come in and tell me that she went and bought the fruit crisps and ate those (two of them only have 100 calories) for a snack instead of a candy bar. While fruit crisps aren't nearly as healthy as real fruit, they are better than just eating a candy bar and they are half the calories. A lot of my students have said they think about what they order when they go through a drive-thru now and that they ask what the calories are before they get it.

Well it's late and I need to start getting to bed earlier. It doesn't do any good to have a healthier body if it's tired all the time.

My Food Intake Today:
BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230 6g of fiber)
SNACK: One Apple and Carrot Sticks (90 cal. and 3g of fiber)
LUNCH: Dannon Fit Yogurt (80) and 9 slices of thin wafer meat (100 calories and 1g of fiber)
SNACK: 16 Wheatables (140 cal. and 1g of fiber) and 1 Pear (100 cal. and 5g of fiber)
DINNER: 1 mini-taco with a ½ size shell, 2 tblsp. of meat, lettuce, cilantro, and a slice of avocado (145 cal. and 2g of fiber). 100 Calorie Pouch Cheese Bite Pack
DESSERT: 200 Calorie Banana Split —1 banana cut in half (80), ¼ cup split into two scoops of Breyer’s Lowfat Vanilla Ice Cream (55), add ½ cup of raspberries if you have it (I didn’t) and a few strawberries (10). Drizzle LIGHTLY w/some chocolate syrup- 25 cal. (should just be a thin drizzle that would only fill a tsp.) If you don’t like chocolate skip it. If you want lite cool-whip add two tblsp. for only 20 more calories. (Add 30 calories if you add the ½ cup of raspberries, but you also get to add 4g of fiber)

Total Calories Today= 1300
Total Grams of Fiber= 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed