Sunday, May 16, 2010

DAY 132- Healthier Eating Journal

Slept in this morning. Not used to the whole drive-in movie thing. Another hot day that makes you think that summer is here. Running late so just had a bowl of frosted mini-wheats (230) for breakfast while I reviewed my Sunday School lesson. I threw my hamburger crockpot stew in the crockpot and headed to church. It's so easy to make and it tastes good even on day two.

HAMBURGER CROCKPOT SOUP-
1 lb. of lean ground beef
4-6 peeled, cubed potatoes
1 can or small bag of corn
1 can of green beans (NOT French cut)
1 can of olives sliced
celery (chopped)
1 can of stewed or diced tomatoes
1 can of tomatoe sauce
taco seasoning packet
garlic powder

Directions: Peel and cut your potatoes and put them in the crockpot. You can add onion if your stomach can handle it (mine can't). Add the celery and crumble the RAW hamburger up all over it. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Add your canned or stewed tomatoes. Cover with water enough just to cover all the potatoes. Cook for 4 hours. Add all the rest of your ingreditents draining both the corn and green beans before adding. Mix it up. Season to taste. Let it cook about 15 minutes longer and it's done. Makes 9-10 bowls. 250 cal.

I had a bowl of soup (250) and a piece of whole wheat toast (110) for lunch. I had a bowl of the same soup for dinner. I had a Quaker granola bar (110) for a snack. Didn't get my fruit in today. My bad.

Total Calories Today=1100

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed