Saturday, May 22, 2010

DAY 138- Healthier Eating Journal

Have to hurry. The husband says it's taking "his" time. I will just say we are having a wonderful weekend with our high school friends Ron and Alice. Today we went on a river boat ride down the Snake River and it was beautiful. Ron's a great driver and the rapids only made me nervous once. Saw lots of deer and pelicans and beautiful scenery even in the rain drizzle. Also watched some of my students play in the state baseball game. They didn't win, but I could tell they were enjoying the experience of being at state. I felt for them out there in the rain. I also thought about the other kids who were participating in state tennis and track.

I didn't stay within normal calories at all today, but it was a great day and I didn't stress that too much nevertheless. We ate at a little place downtown for breakfast. Had some hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, and a few bites of pancake, but the pancake tasted like sourdough so didn't each munch. Not a fan of that. We ate pretty light for lunch-- had one of those 110 cal. salmon fillets, some cottage cheese, and a piece of whole wheat toast w/homemade apricot jam that alice made. It was yummy and I didn't use butter at all. We drove out to the old farming place that my husband and his dad used to farm and it's a big mesa with thousands of acres. They didn't farm all of it-- only about 3000 acres. Our old trailer house is gone, but the main house is still there. It was a beautiful drive. Didn't see the wild horses, but lots of farmland and some more deer, etc.

For dinner we decided to drive to Hagerman-- another beautiful drive-- and we ate a place across the river. The husband was going to try the alligator, but changed his mind when she said some people complained that the texture was a little gritty! I stuck to catfish! I had some chocolate fudge cheesecake that was just too rich to finish and the husband had the white mousse pie of some sort. That was pretty much our eating for the day. On the way home we stopped and visited Wes and Christine whom we haven't see in quite some time-- old friends we love and miss. It was so good to see them. That reminds me--while we were eating at the place in Hagerman we ran into some friends from near the town where I live now. It was so weird. Like what are the odds of driving three hours from home to go eat at a place where the population is probably lucky to break a thousand-- very small town-- and seeing them there. Then, on top of that, we get to talking and they are good friends with Wes and Christine and have been for quite some time. Small world.

All in all-- a great day and a great reminder that we need to make time for friends in our life-- reconnect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed