Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 143- Healthier Eating Journal

I think it's ironic that "integrity" begins with I and ends with Y (you). You see integrity isn't something you can self proclaim. Otherwise it isn't really integrity-- it's justification.

Sometimes in life, you punt........ Sometimes you just breathe and count to ten.... or twenty. Sometimes..... you go on vacation..... sometimes you just learn to dance in the rain. Sometimes you just feel your age..... All of the above is usually accompanied by stress eating!

During the middle of an emotional conversation today I kept looking at a spot on my desk that needed cleaned. I didn't really see the point in the conversation. Suddenly I heard myself saying, "I'm sorry. I have to clean this spot. When I'm stressed I either become a cleaning fanatic or I eat and given the two choices, it's better that I clean." And then I stopped our conversation and scrubbed the spot on my desk. At least I didnt' eat..... then.


I did get a lot cleaned in my classroom today.... imagine that. It was kinda sad to know it's the last normal class day that my kids will be freshmen. I know.... it's dumb that I think like that. I will miss them. They drive you nuts at the beginning of the year.... because they're freshmen. Then you watch them grow in confidence and bond for emotional safety and then become comfortable (for the most part) in their own skin. They let you in. You let them in. You accept each other's imperfections and you laugh and cry together. And you thought I just taught from the textbook...

I brought donuts for period 1 and I did partake. Only one though.
Period 2 decided to do fondue and I behaved (because I had just eaten a donut) and only ate some of the fruit they brought for dipping. So I had a couple strawberries, apple slices, and banana pieces.
So Lunch..... I ate my apple and a small handful of skittles that were given to me
After school I finished entering grades so didn't eat a snack.
When I got home I heated up some casserole a neighbor brought over (yes, we have the best neighbors as I've said many times) and had 2 slices of the homemade and home ground whole wheat bread one of my student's moms brought me today at school. Rello and I ate together at the table. The casserole had some noodels, crackers, and sausage in it. I have no idea on the calories but I'd guess it was 300 per serving. The bread was probably 100-110 per slice and I had homemade apricot jam on each slice w/butter spray.

I missed my greens today so I really need to get some in tomorrow and more fiber.
Today's Calories=1200

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed