Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DAY 141- Healthier Eating Journal

Well it was a busy, productive day. Only two more days of regular school left. Kids are bouncing off the walls.... okay...so am I. But it's a good bouncing. A happy bouncing. Two more days of finals left and all my freshmen will be sophomores. I can't believe how fast this year flew by. This was definitely one of my favorite groups of kids. There are a lot of future stars and future top students and parents in this group. Oh, and my running nose stopped. Our weekend trip was so full of sagebrush that I think it was allergies and not a cold after all. I took Benadryl yesterday and last night and I'm pretty much back to normal today. A few minor sniffles, but no kleenex nose tampons needed today. Thank goodness.

Rello decided to get up and have breakfast with me this morning so I made some toast so I could sit down and eat it with him. I had my yogurt too. He eats better when you sit down with him. What a family concept. :D I grabbed my predictable frozen dinner for lunch (Smart Ones) and an apple for a snack. I'm sorry I'm not choosing more of a variety, but it's the last week of school and I'm focusing on more than just food this week. It's not a priority. Not overeating is always a priority, but if I can grab a low cal lunch (frozen dinner) and not have to think about it-- that works for me this week. I'll save creativity for next week.

After school I could tell mommy needed a break (my daughter) so I decided Rello and I should go visit the other grandchildren (his cousins). When I got to Jeremy's there was a vacuum cleaner salesman there demonstrating a vacuum. We headed on out to the back yard and we jumped on the trampoline. Now that's a good leg workout. Try chasing a 2, 3, and 4 year old around whilst they squeal and try not to be "tagged". They showed me all their games and I played the "dead man" (yes it sounds morbid), the cracked egg, musical something, and color tag. I also showed them that grandma can still jump high enough to touch my toes. I was too chicken to try any flips though without an adult out there to call 9-1-1. It can't be that different from doing it when you're a teenager. I'll work my way back up to it.

Then we went to the other son's house and Rello stayed with him and baby Maddy while I ran to the store to get things for class parties for the next two days. I also picked up some corn on the cob, pickle spears, and blackberries..... I know.... you should never shop when you're hungry. When I got home I fixed a sandwich and had the corn on the cob and blackberries. The corn was a little on the tough side. Now I know why it was on sale. The berries were great though. I need to get me some raw almonds this weekend. This weekend....... graduation. Kali is graduating and leaving. I will be sad.... but happy for her. Sweet Becca and Alli will be leaving too. There are a lot of good kids graduating.

Okay.... enough. Here's the food intake for the day:

BREAKFAST: Activa Yogurt (110) and whole wheat toast (70) w/butter spray
Snack: Apple (90)
LUNCH: Smart Choice Frozen Dinner (290)
Snack: Wheatables (140) and chips during the car ride from town (150)
DINNER: Sandwich on whole wheat w/organic turkey meat (250), corn on the cob (60), 1 cup of blackberries (60), cup of juice (125)

Total Calories: 1400

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed