Wednesday, May 19, 2010

DAY 135- Healthier Eating Journal

Be sure to read the info I posted below about garlic and if you have apple trees, you might want to read the other one I posted below.

The humidity is very high right now and it's usually not humid here. Mix that with the pollen count being out of control and I've got some raging sinuses! That aside though... it was another busy day, so little time to sit around and just munch (thank goodness). Any time I plan ahead it's pretty easy to stay on task with my eating. I packed an Activa yogurt, an apple, a banana, and a Smart Choice frozen dinner. Oh, and my ever essential water bottle. Smart packing and having those healthy choices in a bag as you head out the door to work, is 90% of the battle.

When I got home I liked my sandwich so much yesterday I decided to eat another one. I really like the organic lunchmeat w/no preservatives and only 20 calories a slice (and they're not wafer slices). I found the whole wheat that's only 70 calories a slice and splurged and had a whole sandwich. Two slices of whole wheat (140), one slice of low-fat cheese (50), TWO slices of organic turkey lunch meat (40), 1 tblsp. of lite Miracle-Whip (20) and some lettuce. I would have put a tomato on it too, but didn't have one. Calories for the whole sandwich= 250. I had a Quaker granola bar for dessert (110).

After the Performing Arts Awards ceremony I came home and popped some 100 calorie mini-pouch popcorn to eat while I played solitaire via the computer against my husband. The only problem was I set the microwave for 14 minutes instead of 1 min. and 40 sec. I started smelling something and ran to the kitchen. Burnt popcorn is such a nasty smell. I've never burnt it so bad that the inside of the microwave turned brown though! There was still 9 minutes left on the timer so I popped it 5 minutes. I think it caught on fire. No worries. I opened the window, turned on the kitchen fans, and the microwave still works because I stuck another bag in there to make sure. The rest of the house's inhabitants are not happy with the smell however. Sorry. :D I will nuke a bowl with some vinegar in it tomorrow after it's aired out a bit and get it all back to normal.

I was thinking about how lives in small towns are the stuff movies are made of and how people in small towns are the type movies are made about. Why was I thinking about this? As I was sitting there at the Performing Arts Ceremony tonight I was sitting next to a choir teacher who has been teaching for 39 years. I put together her slide show for the ceremony and amongst the pictures were pictures of her skydiving. Both of those facts-- teaching 39 years and skydiving at her age-- are just awesome. The band teacher is also sitting next to me (there's just the three of us presenting for the evening) and I smile as I think about my slide show which includes pictures of the band teacher (not to mention our A.D. and science teacher) dressed as Gene Simmons when they acted as "KISS" in my spring play. Then you have the school board member helping stack chairs and put them away and it's the same school board member you saw at the track meet a few weeks ago running a stopwatch at the finish line. And that is why.... I will always be a small town girl.

My food intake for today:

BREAKFAST: Activa Yogurt (110)
SNACK: Apple (90)
LUNCH: Smart Choice Angel Hair Pasta w/zucchini (290) and a small banana (80)
AFTER SCHOOL SNACK: Granola Bar (110)
DINNER: Sandwich (see above) 250
AFTER DINNER SNACK: Mini-Pouch Popcorn (100)

Total Calories Today: 1100

Don't forget to do your crunches. Even if you cut back your calories, if you don't work on your core, you'll still look pudgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed