Thursday, May 20, 2010

DAY 136- Healthier Eating Journal

The seniors had their heads in the clouds and their hearts on their sleeves today as they wandered the halls. I saw some of them looking at display and trophy cases like they were their long lost friends. I saw lots of hugging and hard back patting going on. Tomorrow is their last day but apparently a lot of them check out a day early. Mentally, some of them have been checked out for the last month. :D I remember that last month. It lasts forever, but it's also so hard to believe that all your years of schooling as a kid are over. Anyway, it made it difficult to conduct business as usual. And... it will be weird not having Kali around. She's like the 4th child I never had and I feel like I've barely gotten to know her this year, but at the same time I feel like I just love that kid and I'll miss her.

I was smart and packed my food again, but a couple of things did come up today to add some calories. I avoided one big temptation- - birthday cake in the teacher's lounge again-- not falling for that one again unless I'm the one cooking it and I know how many calories are in it. I took my yogurt for breakfast and my apple and banana for my snacks today. I took another frozen dinner for lunch, but 3 days in a row is about enough so tomorrow, I'm taking some salad or something. I had the granola bar for dessert. One thing I did add that wasn't on my menu was a cup of dry Fruit Loops. My drama kids wanted to have cereal with their video today. I made a video of their year for them. I had never heard of eating cereal with it, but they informed me that the last day in my class (next week) they want to watch their spring play they just did and have a cereal party. I guess I bring a gallon of milk and they each bring their favorite cereal (to share) and their own bowl. Hmmmmm. Things have changed since I was a kid.

So 100 calories for a cup of Fruit Loops wasn't figured in. Then, when I got home, some more well-wishing neighbors brough cookies over AND Mandy made cookies. Killin' me with the cookies again. I had one of the oatmeal cookies and I had two small choc. chip cookies. 3 Cookies for dessert wasn't exactly on the menu either. The good news though is that I did stick to my dinner menu, and I should still be okay on calories. It won't be a weight loss day now (and I'll have to do a few more crunches tonight), but I still maintained my weight and didn't go crazy.

Today's Food Intake:

BREAKFAST: Activa Yogurt (110) and a small banana (80)
SNACK: Apple (90)
LUNCH: Frozen Smart Choice Dinner (270) and a granola bar (110)
Snack: 1 cup of Fruit Loops (100)
DINNER: 4 oz. grilled steak (210), 1/2 baked potato w/sour cream and butter spray (80), broccoli, zucchini, and sauteed mushrooms (50)
Snack: 3 small cookies (240)

Total Calories Today= 1240-1300

Don't forget to read the "Fish Facts" below-- especially about the mercury-- and don't forget to do your crunches. It's a little thing that makes A BIG difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed