Monday, June 28, 2010

DAY 172- Healthier Eating Journal

I'm a little more rested today. The grandkids had a great time a Gma Shorty's yesterday after church. She made enough food to feed an army as usual, but it's the little moments that make family gatherings so memorable. Like when little Bryton climbs up in Gma Shorty's recliner with her and plays beauty shop fixing, blowdrying, and smoothing her gray hairs as she smiles. Or when she holds a new grandchild for the first time (baby Kayson). Or when she mentions a specific food she cooks for a specific grandchild because she remembers what they like. And she had an above ground pool set up for them and had the neighbor help her get it ready yesterday. She's 88 now and that she went through all this trouble is just normal for her. She loves her grandkids.

We didn't bring swimsuits because it's Sunday but keeping the kids out of it and keeping her from letting them in it..... wasn't working. So... we had some streakers, some Spiderman underwears, and some oversize t-shirts. Mostly, we had grandkids shrieking and splashing and Gma watching with a smile. And of course as a mom I love seeing my kids making sure their cousins are spending time together as a family.

So today was less laid back than yesterday. It was so stuffy the baby was having a hard time sleeping. We all were. Then I got a call in the morning saying that my interview time had to be changed to the afternoon... which was good because I could go back and sleep a little more. However, when I woke up, I forgot what time she had told me it was changed to. The husband thought she said 2:00. I finished packing the living room then took a shower and got ready to leave.

We were headed to Jason's house to drop of Rello so his mom could get more packing done and I was on the phone to verify my new interview time when the husband turned in front of another vehicle..... as I was leaving a voice mail to verify my time.... it went something like this: "Hello, this is Laurie and I was just calling to verify that my appointment time was changed to 2:00 today. If it..... Honey! You're going to hit that car! What are you doing?! Oh..... my apologies.... if 2:00 is not the right time, please call me back." So.... yeah..... I'm sure the office had a good laugh over me today.

Despite my near-death experience recorded on voice mail..... the interview went very well and I am very optimistic. I feel very good about my chances of being in the same district with my husband. This is both good and bad news. See... we're supposed to be moving into a new rental in two days. It would make more sense to live closer to our work. We have so many decisions to make tonight and tomorrow, but we know that worse case scenario we will live in our other home next month and get a new rental in August. Life is always changing. And most of the time... that's a good thing. Those who resist change that leads to growth.... miss the blessings and opportunities offered by the promises and adventures of change.

So our eating today kind of went along with the pace of the day-- unexpected and full of surprises. We at least ate the breakfast we planned. We ate the Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters. It's 220 calories (instead of 230) and 11 whopping grams of fiber. That's huge. We didn't have time for a snack or to sit down somewhere for lunch. We went to his new office first and got his boxes unpacked and some things up before we left for my interview. After the interview he wanted to go to KFC/Artic Circle. I knew he was craving his rootbeer floats and he's been doing so good at counting his calories that I didn't say anything. I was craving a hamburger but it was not so good. Definitely not like a grilled one at Burger King or something. Waste of calories and money. The fries were nasty too. We didn't eat many of them. It was almost 100 degrees today so I'm sure that's why a rootbeer float was calling his name. I didn't have one, but I did have a pop with my hamburger.

We picked up Rello (thank you Jason and Anne) and headed home to make some more decisions and get some more packing details taken care of. It's just too hot to cook anything so I had a bite of the husband's leftover chicken strip and a bowl of sliced strawberries and fresh pineapple. I also had a Fiber One bar to finish off my fiber requirements for the day. Tomorrow..... we have to finish all the packing and start making trips. JOy!

Today's Food Intake:

BREAKFAST: Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters w/fresh blackberries and I sprinkled in a little Fiber One granola cereal too (250)
Snack: Dove Chocolate (200)
LUNCH: Papa Burger at A&W (720), a few fries (150), and a pop (150)
Snack: Fiber One Bar (90)
SUPPER: Bowl of fresh strawberries and pineapple (100) and two bites of a chicken strip (100)

Like I said, the Papa Burger at A&W tasted cheap and when I found out the calories.... never eat it again.... 720 calories. Ridiculous. It is nice that A&W has a nutrition calculator http://www.yum.com/nutrition/menu.asp but they should lose the word "nutrition" on it!

Total Calories Today= 1800 (thank you A&W)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed