Saturday, June 5, 2010

DAY 150- Healthier Eating Journal

When it rains.... it pours. Literally and in life. This week has been a rain storm in many ways. The beauty of rain storms is that afterwards, everything is cleansed and starts fresh. I hope that happens.

Thank you Jas for coming over and having breakfast with us this morning. You didn't even gag on the wheat pancakes. I can tell your wife has been training you to eat healthier too! Good job Anne! :D Poor Rello went to the Air Show today with his dad but came back with such a sunburned face that we eventually took him in to have it looked at because it was so terrible. The doctor said it will most likely blister and peel poor little guy. A little common sense goes a long way! Okay... grandma radar hit the red peg on that one.

Although I fed Mandy and Jas pancakes and twice baked hashbrowns w/bacon bits and cheese, I ate breakfast earlier with Rello and ate Raisin Bran extra (230). For lunch I had Activa Yogurt (110) and a fiber one bar. I know.... a bit of overkill on the fiber. After that we headed to Jason's to help with the yard. I pulled all the weeds in his little garden spot. It's rained so much this past week that it felt like the Amazon instead of a garden. He got the front yard looking great and I worked up such an appetite we decided to call the other son and his family and invite them over for a BBQ and break in Jason's new Father's Day BBQ grill. I made my potato salad and Jas ran to pick up Rello and get some propane for his new grill.

Jeremy helped him out a little since they have the same grill now but he didn't help him enough because he put the hotdogs on the bottom level of the grill and burned them all. Rookie! :D I heard this later as we had a family drama I had to go deal with and had to leave the BBQ. I came back later to pick up leftover potato salad and a cold hamburger but just ate some p. salad for dinner. My sweetie made it home safely and Rello was glad to see papa. We all were. It's been a very long day.

Today's Food Intake:

BREAKFAST: Raisin Bran Extra (230)
Snack: Fiber One Bar (90)
LUNCH: Activa Yogurt (110)
Snack: Wheatables (140)
DINNER: Potato Salad (350) and two homemade choc. chip cookies (160) and Squirt (100)
I know.... healthy dinner.... it was survival food in between go, go , go

TOTAL CALORIES TODAY= 1200

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. K....Kali here. I miss you and still read your blog:)
    love kali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too. A lot actually. Now that you are grown up and graduated, I can e-mail you and add you on my facebook. I have this rule... strict like that. I watched a ton of old Wooden (as in John Wooden) footage last night on ESPN. I will miss basketball this year, but it will also give me the opportunity to go watch you and Alli play so be sure and let me know the closest games and I will be there. I hope you have an awesome summer and eat better than I do. :D Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed