Monday, June 7, 2010

DAY 152- Healthier Eating Journal

The husband spent the day meeting the new staff he'll be working with so he left bright and early and my daughter had to be in town early as well so it was just the baby and the two year old and grandma..... I survived! :D They survived! It's one thing to have them over or to go visit. It's quite another to have them all day AND try to get the house clean, the laundry done, your phone calls made, everyone bathed and dressed and dressed again after the poopy diapers. It's like.... mom's gone and grandma's in charge so let's see how many poopy diapers we can crank out during that time. Hello! Killin' me here!

It's like riding a horse... after a while you have one tucked under the arm, a load of laundry under the other arm and you're cleverly having the two year old constantly assigned to a "helping" task. I even remembered to throw some dinner in the crockpot since Jas was coming over for famiy council and dinner tonight. Baby Kayson was actually really good today (other than the diaper thing). And Rello was fine except no nap. My bad. I even took them to the park since Rello was such a good helper all morning. Mom was horrified at this news when she got home. Seems that baby Kayson is too young to be in a stroller yet. Hmmmmmm. He slept the whole time at the park just chillin in my arms on the bench beneath the shady tree whilst Rello played on the slides and swings.

I guess children were just a lot tougher in the 80's when we raised ours. Seatbelts were optional then too. I'm not saying seatbelts are bad, so save the emails, but I'm just saying that sometimes I think today's kids are a little TOO pampered (thus the obesity rate in teenagers in America). Okay, don't get me started. They're 1 month and 2 years old. Calm down grandma. :D Like I said... we all survived.

Breakfast? Who can remember. Pretty sure it was a bowl of cereal. There were no-bakes left on the counter so I vaguely remember eating two more of those today. For lunch I had 1/2 a tuna sandwich and used Miracle Whip lite which tastes exactly the same to me but less calories. I also had 1/2 cup of my potato salad with it. I split an apple with Rello for our snack. For dinner I made crock pot chicken, brown rice, and steamed veggies. Later my husband gave me a little bit of jerky but it was too spicy.

Family council was long and tedious because we had so much to plan and decide for the summer. It was so much easier when the kids were all young. Now that they all have families it's hard to find a time we can all get away together with everyone's schedules. Plus we have to start packing to move out of the rental for this sumer and packing our house on the other side of the state to get moved down here permanently. Sounds like a real summer break!! We're going to head to the mountains for family camping is what we finally decided for the 4th. The husband and I will also squeeze in our 30 year class reunion that weekend since it's nearby where we'll be camping. Then we're going to head up to Wolf Creek Resort for a couple nights then back through Utah to take the grandkids to Lagoon.

We may have to camp at Jason and Anne's a little in July depending on how the house hunting goes, but hopefully we'll sell one of our houses and can get moved in to our own place. We'll see. Thank you Jason and Anne for offering and thank you everyone for enduring the two hour family council to get the summer planned out. Jeremy.... you're fired. :D No, we just planned stuff for you. :D That's how we roll.

Food Intake Today (Pretty sure I burned most of it off being mommy sub):

BREAKFAST: Raisin Bran (230)
Snack: No-bake cookie (50)
LUNCH: 1/2 Tuna Sandwich and potato salad (400)
Snack: 1/2 apple (45)
DINNER: Brown Rice, chicken, cream of chic. sauce, steamed veggies, no-bake cookie for dessert (640)
Small Piece of Jerky (35)

Total Calories Today= 1400

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed