Friday, June 11, 2010

DAY 156- Healthier Eating Journal

Well.... still recovering from all of our driving yesterday and the trip up to Ashton for girls camp. Never did take that nap. Spent the day on the phone and the computer for the most part. Tuesday when I took the boys (husband included) to the movies for their Father's Day treat I went to pay for one of the tickets (had the others already) and the kid behind the glass said loudly "Sorry, it's declined." After turning red I was like, "that can't be right.... try it again". I had checked my balance that morning and though I'm a poor teacher, I knew I had enough in there for a movie ticket for crying out loud. He swiped it again and said, "Nope. Still declined." Then he entered it in manually. Still declined. Totally humiliated I got out my husband's debit card so he could pay for his own ticket I guess and he swiped that. By now I could tell he was thinking I was some wild lady with no money. "It's declined too he said." I was flabbergasted. My husband pulled out his debit card from THE SAME EXACT ACCOUNT and the kid swiped it. The kid looks at me and says "that one worked sir." I said, "It's the same account." He looked at me like "sure lady" and shrugged his shoulder.

As soon as I got in the car to head to the airport I had called my bank totally humiliated that it had been declined... not once, but three times. She looked up my account and said, "Nope, you're fine. Must be their machine." I asked her if it went through then since there really was money in there. She assured me that if I hadn't signed anything, it hadn't gone through. Phew. After I left the airport I had to pay for parking on my way out and I used my card. Sure enough.... it worked fine. Then I was ticked. Humiliated for nothing.

The next day I checked my account just to make sure and nothing was there. So we headed out for our trip. Well yesterday when we stopped home long enough to change, we happen to log on and check our accounts (gut feeling) and sure enough... I HAD BEEN CHARGED THREE TIMES and my husband's account had been charged twice. All for one lousy ticket. Unfortunately, it was too late yesterday to do anything about it except call Edwards. No human ever answered. Another number that our bank gave us for Edwards just rang and rang.

so..... this morning I spent my time calling between banks and Edwards to get it all straightened out. Here is why I share this-- take note:

IF ANYONE EVER TELLS YOU YOUR CARD WAS DECLINED----- GET A RECEIPT FROM THEM THAT SAYS IT WAS DECLINED. Otherwise, they could be wrong and you could be charged every time they swipe it. I literally wasted hours today all because of the purchase of one ticket. Lesson learned. It's all straightened out now and supposedly my account will be credited back, but I was not a happy camper. Good news though... I did not stress eat! That's more than good news.... that's a miracle.

I also made up a new salad using the spinach leaves of course. I'm sure someone else has made this before but I had to use whatever ingredients my husband had in the kitchen because he took my car and we left his pickup back on the other side of the state. Plus.... I was afraid to use my card. I'm going back to checks. Anyway.... the recipe is below in my food info and it was really good. We both liked it.

So here is my food intake for today:

BREAKFAST: 2 Slices of Cinnamon Toast w/butter spray and a banana (250)
Snack: Grapes (50)
LUNCH: Baked Sweet Potato w/butter spray and ½ can of tuna w/8 wheat crackers (220)
Snack: Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt (80)
DINNER: 4 oz. of grilled Steak (230 w/A-1), ½ cup brown rice (150), and spinach salad (100)- (Recipe for entire salad: 1/8 c of sunflower seeds, ½ can of mandarin oranges, ½ bag of fresh spinach leaves, 2 tblsp. of LiteHouse Cole Slaw dressing and you put it on and mix it in the salad after everything’s in the bowl, ¼ purple onion sliced into slivers, 1 small tomato cut up) I would have added craisins and apples if I had them. Total dinner calories= 480
AFTER DINNER DESSERT: ½ cup Creamery Select Low-Fat Cookie Dough Ice Cream (130) w/10 fresh raspberries (10), 10 blueberries (8), and a drizzle (1 tsp.) of chocolate syrup (22). Total Calories for a very yummy dessert= 170

Total Calories Today= 1250

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed