Monday, June 14, 2010

DAY 159- Healthier Eating Journal

I've had fireflies on the brain. I have been weaving them into the next book I'm writing. Another one that will sit in a box unfinished. I know... I need to finish at least one. Fireflies are just so interesting and easy to throw into a quick poem. I remember the first time I saw them in Texas. Everything really is bigger in Texas. We lived in Fort Hood (Army days) and we'd catch them in jars. I hated the spiders there though-- also very big.

So fireflies aside.... Kali gave me a lecture about how I'm not eating so healthy right now. Well.... okay... I just needed someone to get on me. I did better. It's just hard when the husband is here. I tend to think .... vacation... fun... fun food and.... I eat things I don't normally eat when I'm not around him. Like today he made me cookies because he didn't make any yesterday. But... He also did not have any popcorn or Icees at the movie today. All because of you Kali so... see... we are listening. Okay, but on MOndays you get the sour patch kid theater candy for $1.00 and we're talking Edwards so it's probably normally $10.00 so we did get that though. It's still a lot less calories than an icee and bag of popcorn. And we shared the little bag and didn't eat all of them. So we are trying.

I'm glad someone is getting on me. Too many softies around here! So for breakfast I had the 60 calorie Danon Fit yogurt with some Special K Low-fat granola sprinkled in it and blackberries and raspberries (170). For a morning snack I had my raisin bread toast w/butter spray (80). For lunch I warmed up the last of the steak (4oz.- 230) and just had an apple (90) with it because I knew he was making cookies and I'd eat some (160). After that we went to the movies (Karate Kid-- pretty good but wouldn't buy it or anything). Shared some sour patch kids (200) then came home and had surprise company as in... "oh you're selling your house, can we look at it". Yikes! The one morning I roll out of bed and decide let's just take it easy today. It was one of our neighbors and his sister is looking to move close to him. Across the street is pretty close, so we hope she sells her house in Arizona and likes ours. We have learned not to hold our breath though because the housing market is just so unpredictable right now.

After that we made fish (90) and baked squash (60) for dinner and I had one more cookie (80) before we headed out for our cookie drive. We found some families to give them to and made their evening happier too. It was a nice day. It actually didn't rain today so things might dry out enough that we can work in our yard tomorrow and finish the bark and get started on the garage. Let's hope. Wish Jas was here to help with that garage.

So I did better on my calories today thanks to Kali's little lecture. The husband did too. In fact he had a weight loss day instead of a maintain weight day so he's pretty proud of himself and I'm proud of him too. Here's my food for today:

BREAKFAST: Yogurt parfait (see above for ingredients) 170
Snack: Cinnamon Raisin toast w/butter spray (80)
LUNCH: 4 oz. steak (230) an apple (90) and a cookie (80)
Snack at the movies: Sour Patch Kids (200)
DINNER: Salmon Fillet (90) I buy the 97 cent frozen ones + baked squash (60)
Dessert: cookie (80)

Total Calories Today=1100

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed