Saturday, June 26, 2010

DAY 170- Healthier Eating Journal

I will sleep hard tonight because we were on our feet so much today. There was a lot more to do in the new rental than we thought. A lot of cleaning. And you know me.... we run to Home Depot to get a few fixer items and I decide... let's plant a garden in the new rental. So guess what I did today between scrubbing the stove and cupboards and floors..... planted another garden. The soil was very powdery. Reminded me of Marsing soil.... not good. Oh well... we'll see if anything grows. The lawn there is huge and just great for the grandkids though.

Mandy worked on the fridge and counters until the baby was ready to go home. It took the husband over two hours to get the shower clean because of hard water. I suggested getting a water softener because of my experience with this water in my first rental. We could take it with us when we buy our next house. Of course my husband.... being a man.... must have the idea himself. After spending almost three hours cleaning the hardwater build-up today he suggested maybe we should get a water softener. Hmmmmm.... I wish I would've thought of that!

We ate normal for breakfast. I had my yogurt parfait w/fresh berries. We also ate lunch before heading over to clean. I had 1/2 sandwich and some chips (didn't like them so didn't eat many.... too salty) and some peach/blueberry cobbler I made using the Special K Granola. Highly recommend it. When we ran to Home Depot later in the afternoon we split a chorizo and shaved ice. It was hot and that sounded good. We also drank a lot of water today.

When we got home we were starving for real food and had burned plenty of calories between the cleaning and the gardening. I had put chicken in the crockpot with cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, and a little of the onion soup mix seasoning. I also dumped in a can of mushrooms. We were out of brown rice so we had a baked potato with it. I also cut up cantaloupe for dessert. Now papa and Rello are watching Ninja Turtles. Papa already took his shower and now it's my turn. Long day. Going to Grandma Shorty's for dinner after church tomorrow. Haven't seen her for a while.

Today's Food Intake:

BREAKFAST: Yogurt Parfait (160)
LUNCH: ½ Sandwich (200) and 8 chips (80) and homemade peach/blueberry cobbler (150)
Snack: ½ chorizo (150) and ½ shaved ice (130)
DINNER: Crockpot Chicken in Sauce (300), ½ cup of baked potato (60), cantaloupe (50) , drink (150)

Total Calories= 1500

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed