Saturday, June 12, 2010

DAY 157- Healthier Eating Journal

I'm glad tomorrow's Sunday. I'm ready for a day of rest. My sweetie cooked me breakfast and made my French toast out of my cinnamon raisin bread like I like and he used egg white instead of an egg. It tasted like..... French toast. I made our parfaits by splitting a Dannon lite and fit yogurt cup between us (the bigger 80 calorie ones), so that made it 40 calories each in the bottom of a coffee cup. Then I sprinkle in some Special K granola (good stuff and nice and crunchy with good fiber), then I add about 10 raspberries and a dozen blueberries. Your berries are only about 20 calories, so the granola is the majority of your calories. It makes the parfait between 100-150 calories and it's VERY good. Try it. Oh, and I looked at the difference between corn syrup and the bottled maple pancake syrup. Corn syrup was 80 calories less than the regular pancake syrup. Of course I like my lite pancake syrup the best, but it was at home. Just thought I'd share the tidbit about corn syrup because it gets trash-talked these days. :D

So after breakfast I did a few house chores while the husband mowed the lawn (trying to beat the rain) then we headed into I.F. to look for books at the D.I. Found a few good books, but not too many. My hubby decided he NEEDED a milkshake and insisted that he'd work it off reffing today, so I agreed, but said it'd have to be our lunch then because of how many calories it was. He agreed and about that time we were going by Sonic and lo and behold... "milkshake special-- buy one, get one free". It was a sign. We got both small milkshakes for $2.11. Happy Day. Then we headed to Poci to bball tournaments and I also went to the D.I. there. Found a lot of good books for Jeremy and some for myself. When I was driving around (I got a little lost looking for the D.I. and ended up by the FBI building. I didn't even know they had one over there) I got hungry and ate a banana for an afternoon snack. Greg was starving by the time he got done reffing so we ate some chips in the car. You'd think I'd learn not to leave that kind of stuff in the car. Oh well, 10 chips didn't kill me and he definitely burned off enough calories. We wanted to go eat and go to a movie so I said he could pick. He picked a little drive-in called Rupe's that he likes.... great. I ordered a corndog just because I tried to find something with low calories. Their food is really good, but I knew a corndog would only be about 200 calories. He ordered onion rings (lower in calories than ff) and a mushroom burger. He couldn't believe it was 620 calories for the hamburger but he had more than enough calories left for the day so he was fine since he'd just reffed three games!

I thought the corndog would hold me over until I got home and could eat something healthier and it did. I ate a little bit of the left-over steak (about 3 oz.) and some salad. Then I ran to the store and got some groceries (the cupboards and fridge looked like a bachelor had been living here-- same leftovers from when I was here two weekends ago were still in the fridge and I was afraid to drink the milk because someone might have drank out of the carton). I got apples and had an apple for dessert. Then we looked at houses to buy in case we ever sell one of ours over here and we also looked at the movies that were playing.

We decided on Prince of Persia. And yes, I paid cash this time. I'll never use my debit card there again. (see yesterday's post if you missed that drama!) My husband always gets popcorn and an icee when we go there. He ordered the medium popcorn (to share) instead of the large and we only ate half that bag. On the Daily Plate web site it says 5 cups (small bag) of Edwards buttered popcorn is 470 calories. We split those calories so abotu 250 each. He also didn't put any butter on mine. He did, however, drink that big icee. A 32 oz. Icee is 204 calories according to livestrong. com. Oh well... at least he's trying and he did also mow the lawn and we have a big lawn. Okay... it was on the riding lawn mower, but he gets 2000-2200 calories a day and he stayed right there at 2170 so that's pretty good.

Me, on the other hand, could have skipped the milkshake because I hit 1500 today. No weight loss today, but we were on the go enough today I'm pretty sure I didn't gain any either and we had fun today. It doesn't take much to entertain us I guess. The movie was pretty good. It felt like a midieval Indiana Jones. It didn't swear at all, but heads do roll. If you like action movies, you'll probably like this. The Karate Kid looks like it'll be good too. Thanks boys (and Stacy) for taking care of your sister and helping her out with the kids while I'm gone. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed