Thursday, June 17, 2010

DAY 162- Healthier Eating Journal

Well the weather was better today so it was easier to get up and get going on things today. The husband worked on sorting things in the garage and I started on the closets. Sorting everything into three main categories: keep, donate, throw away. The paperwork and pictures are the worst to sort through. I was able to condense all my basket ball stuff (that isn't already on the other side of the state) into one box. I decided it was time to throw away stat sheets from 10 years ago and stuff like that. I can't throw out the newspaper articles or all the little cards and notes you get. Found a lot of memories digging through things today.

I also stayed home when the husband went to town today. Saved a lot of calories. In fact, I HAVE to have an after dinner snack here in a while just to hit my 1000 calorie mark. Now that's good. I did take time to run to the store today so stock back up on the fresh fruits mainly. If we have them around to snack on, we tend to do a lot better. I think I'm going to go make some fresh salsa to have with some tortilla chips for our movie watching snack tonight. I take a couple tomatoes and cut them up after coring them. Then I cube some avacodo, chop up some fresh cilantro and onion, then sqeeze a little lime juice in it and that's it.

I am enjoying the quiet time here, but I am also missing my kids and grandkids and new friends. Called Patty today and we're going to take Sarah out to a belated birthday lunch next week when we're home. My mom is staying and helping out my daughter with the two little ones so that has helped me enjoy my time here a lot more. Today the husband and I got side-by-side haircuts. Kind of a weird experience. Each hair dresser is doing their normal line of questioning and it was pretty much the same. Just weird. Good haircuts though.

It doesn't feel like we made much of a dent today, so we'll have to work harder tomorrow. We'd at least like to have the garage and all closets and dressers boxed when we leave this weekend. Saturday I'm going to lunch with some x-bball players of mine, so I really do need to get a lot more done tomorrow. Get er done.

Kind of a boring day today.... sorry. Here's my food intake for the day:

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230)
Snack: 1 cup of sliced strawberries (50)
LUNCH: 1/2 Sandwich w/whole grain bread, 2 thin slices of roast beef, 1/2 slice of cheese, spinach, mustard (200) and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese (70) and 7 BBQ chips (70). Total Lunch Calories= 340
SNACK: Grapes (50)
DINNER: Veggie stir fry using red wine vinegar as a base. Fried the onions and mushrooms in it first (20). I sliced up yellow squash, zucchini, and broccoli and nuked them (50) for 10 min in 2 tbsp. of water then drained the water and added them to the stir fry with just a little worchestshire sauce. After the cooked a little, I added precooked shrimp (30) and sprinkled it all with the Montreal steak seasoning and some sesame seeds. I also baked a yam and scooped out 1/2 cup (80) and boiled corn on the cob (60). Lots of veggies! (250)

Total calories= 920 (I'll have some snack tonight to meet the other 200 calories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed