Tuesday, June 15, 2010

DAY 160- Healthier Eating Journal

WELCOME BACK ANNE AND BABY MADDI-- WE ALL MISSED YOU!

So I got up all ready to get things done today and fizzled shortly after the shower and drive into town. I cannot get myself to kick from vacation gear into "we have to get this house packed gear". Both of us are just enjoying #1- no work to go to and #2- an entire house to ourselves. I did get to town and accomplish my errands and get some paperwork faxed etc. And the husband did get the rest of the bark put down before the rain hit. We also picked up the boxes to start packing up the garage. I know... why the garage first. We have a lot of stuff out there that we're not using and we're trying to pack the stuff we're not using first. Plus.... it's kinda messy. Sorry honey. You know it's true. I'm sure we'll lose some calories just sorting and packing. Plus you never know when another neighbor is going to pop in and want to see your house or show it to a friend of relative! So tomorrow..... the garage! Joy! (not)

My pants are getting baggy again so I need to step on a scale. I may have hit my 140 mark. Now I'm thinking 135 but I don't want everyone freaking out! Oh my gosh.... you're too skinny. I think people say that to make themself feel better. I really do. I mean I weighed 135 the majority of my life up to 5 years ago people. Calm down people. Plus... if you've been reading this.... I eat PLENTY. I mean I just received a lecture yesterday about the way I'm eating... hello! So I think instead of having any more goals about weight loss since I've hit my mark... I'm just going to focus on doing what I've been doing since January.... keep on eating healthier (notice the i-e-r at the end Kali). :D It really has changed the way I eat and the way I think about food. And exercise.

I thought I'd do a trial membership to the Anytime Fitness Gym here in town so I went down tonight and I have to say.... it's just still so hard to do that when you're A.D.D. I mean I was SO bored sitting on the stationary bike. I kept thinking... what's the point if it's not a real bike? Then I'd think..... because you're not getting out and riding your real bike. Okay... so ride a real bike. Then I was on the treadmill and it's actually the only piece of equipment that I like because I like that I don't get bugs up my nose like I do on the walking path. I did some lifting too, but it just is not what I see myself doing to sustain my health. I'd rather lay in bed and do 50 crunches or work out on the wii or go for a real bike ride and I do like walking with the stroller and the grandkids.

I still believe strongly that if I just keep focusing on my core (love the Tai Chi) that I will be plenty strong and fit. My stomach is looking the best it has in years and my legs are getting there as well. The fitness center thing is.... just not me. I'm going to give it two more tries before I make my final decision because the husband said he'd go. I did like the math part of it-- seeing my heart rate and how many miles I'd gone and RPMs and calories burned. That part did make me think when I got home.

I was going to eat my 100 calorie pack popcorn and went to the cupboard and all he had in there was the regular popcorn. It said snack size bags so I thought that'd work... wrong! Make sure they say 100 calories on the front and not just snack size. These snack size ones have 250 calories per bag. Back to the fitness center. So I thought. That hour I just spent at the fitness center.... I could blow off all the calories I just burned by eating this one bag of popcorn. So.... I had a Danon Light and Fit yogurt and 1/2 an apple instead.

See, that's another reason I don't like the fitness center. I'm pretty much saying that I can't do it on my own (naturally) so I need to go to some spot for weakminded people or people who just like to look at their muscles in mirrors. Okay... I'll stop. That was my experience. Here is what I ate today:

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini Wheats (230)
Snack: 2 sips of Greg’s Icee- he said I had to report it (20)
LUNCH: Potato Hash w/baked potatoes (use one baked potato per person if it’s your meal) diced and grilled in spray w/Montreal steak seasoning– no oil—w/mushrooms, onions, and bits of pulled pork (or whatever leftover meat you have) stirred in (200)
DESSERT: 1/4 cup of low-fat ice cream w/fresh raspberries and blackberries and a drizzle of chocolate syrup (100)
Snack: 10 chips and homemade dip (200)
DINNER: Spinach Salad w/fresh shrimp, sunflower seeds, mandarin oranges, apple bits, cucumber, onion, and tomato. I used 2 tblsp of Lighthouse Cole Slaw dressing on the entire bowl of salad. (200)
LAST SNACK: 60 Calorie (small) Dannon Light and Fit w/a few fresh berries in it and ½ an apple (left over from making the salad)

Total Calories Today= 1100

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed