Wednesday, June 23, 2010

DAY 167- Healthier Eating Journal

Got a little more accomplished today, but not enough. Got a few things packed. Cleaned some house. Cooked dinner. Couldn't figure out how to get the central air to work so bout roasted when I had the oven going.

Tried to get the daughter to eat fresh berries in her parfait I made her this morning but she'd only eat the granola in it. I had both raspberries and blueberries in mine. We split an 80 calorie Danon Fit to make them. For more morning snack I split a small banana with Rello. He got a play sword at the dollar store yesterday so he keeps walking around holding it up in the air saying "I have the power" like he's He-man. Thanks Jas. Baby Kayson is starting to coo and smile now. They just change so fast when they're little like that.

For lunch I split a can of tuna fish with Mandy (60). I ate 6 of these organic crackers I got (60) with it and had a slice of whole grain bread (110). The ham baking in the oven smelled good all afternoon, but it sure heated up the house. I was going to make the peach/blueberry cobbler for dessert but it was so hot I decided I need to cook something like that in the morning hours... or figure out how to get the central air to work. I boiled my potatoes for mashed potatoes and made the ham gravy using skim milk and cornstarch. I also threw together my spinach salad with 2tblsp. of Lighthouse Cole Slaw dressing in an entire bowl (after you've put all the ingredients on top of your spinach). I used my usual one apple diced up, mandarin oranges, sunflower seeds, a and tomato. I didn't add any bacon bits or shrimp tonight because we were having ham.

When I called my brother he was trying to figure out what was wrong with the battery in his car and I could tell he'd had a long day. We packed up the dinner and drove to their house to have it. It was nice to visit with them and it was nice that the girls (Jackie and I) could whip the boys (Bob and Greg) in Pinochle. :D My brother leaves for Iraq in a few months and I am sad he has to go again. I enjoy living closer to my family. My mom watched Kayson so Mandy and Rello could go to the carnival at the Fiddlers Festival tonight. I appreciate that too.

Food Intake for the Day:

BREAKFAST: Yogurt parfait (see above for details) (170)
Snack: 1/2 small banana (40)
LUNCH: 1/2 can of tuna fish (60) , 6 crackers (60), one slice of wg bread (100)
Snack: 1 piece of ham (130) had to eat some as soon as it came out of the oven
DINNER: 2 small pieces of ham (260) 1 cup of mashed potatoes (made w/skim milk and low-fat spreadable butter) 200 w/ham gravy (40), salad (100)

Total Calories Today=1200

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed