Thursday, June 3, 2010

DAY 148- Healthier Eating Journal

My day began at 4am with a two-year-old crawling in bed with me and planting his chubby cheeks right next to mine. He must have had a bad dream because I was not allowed to turn my head or eyes until he fell asleep. Then I escaped back to my side of the bed. At 6am he woke back up and went to see if mommy was awake with baby Kayson. That lasted about an hour then he was back patting me on the hand and telling me to "get up grandma". He even pulled back the covers for me..... so much for sleeping in on my first day of summer break. I scrambled him some eggs and made him some toast, but I had Frosted Mini-Wheats because I wanted to start off my day with some fiber.

After breakfast he wanted to go see his cousins at Jeremy's house. So.... I loaded him up and we went to get the other boys. They played while I ran a few errands then I made my daughter come with me and we took them to ice cream at a little ice cream shop in a town the same size as ours.... but we don't have an ice cream shop in our town. Rello loves any type of berry ice cream. Tucker is plain vanilla no matter how many choices and Bryton wanted oreo cookie ice cream-- which he wore everywhere including up his nose by the time he finished it. Speaking of "up his nose"..... Tucker informed us that his sister had stuck popcorn kernels up his nose a couple nights ago and he was scared cuz they wouldn't come out. Hmmmmmmm. Luckily mommy got the tweezers and got them out.

After ice cream we took the boys back home, picked up some groceries, then came home to fix dinner. I made grilled zucchini, squash and shrimp along with corn on the cob and 1/4 cup of brown rice. I knew there'd be cake or something fattening at the baby shower so I tried to eat light for dinner. Sure enough.... cheesecake. I had a very thin slice but I'm sure it was still 300 calories. The baby shower was fun. I have never seen so many people at a baby shower quite honestly. They just kept coming. People here have just gone out of their way to make us feel welcome. They really are amazing, caring people. They certainly have given me a lot to think about as we decide about where we will buy or build a house if we ever sell our other two on the other side of the state. Great time to buy..... bad time to sell. At least the husband and I will be in the same town again.... that's what's important.

I feel like taking care of any grandkids under the age of 6 should count as an exercise program of it's own. I'm confident I burned some calories today. Now I know why I was so dang skinny when my kids were little.


TOTAL FOOD INTAKE TODAY:

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230)
Snack: Banana (90)
LUNCH: 1/2 Tuna Sandwich and Cheetohs (300)
Snack: Baby Ice cream cone (150-200)
DINNER: 8 small shrimp (25) , grilled zucchini and squash (25), corn on the cob (60) 1/4 cup of brown rice (75)
Baby Shower Food: Thin slice of Cheesecake (300)

Total Calories Today: 1300

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed