Thursday, June 24, 2010

DAY 168- Healthier Eating Journal

Hot, hot, hot. Change of eating to accommodate the heat and the fact that we still can't figure out how to turn the A/C on. We did not want to boil any water or turn on the oven for anything! I did cook a big breakfast this morning because we didn't eat breakfast till 9am and my daughter and I had a trip to town planned and I knew it would mean a late lunch.

For breakfast I used a 2 very small potatoes (the kind you get in bags at the store this time of year) and baked them in the microwave 5 minutes. I washed them real well first. Then I cut them up, skin and all, and cubed them into a fry pan that I had sprayed with Pam spray. I diced up a couple of pieces of left-over ham from last night and threw in with the potatoes, then I added a scrambled egg and egg white. I seasoned it all with the McKormicks Montreal Steak seasoning and as soon as I got it out of the pan, shredded a little cheese on top. It made enough for all three adults and I added salsa to mine (200). Rello just likes plain scrambled eggs. He's not a fan of mixing his food... yet. I also had a whole wheat English muffin (150) with butter spray and honey (60) and a cup of skim milk (90). BIG breakfast= 500 calorie

Then the daughter and I got dressed and spent the afternoon together. We left Rello with his cousins (thank you Jeremy and Stacy) so Papa just had the baby to tend. Thought it might be safer for all involved. :D Enjoyed mother/daughter time. When we got back to Jeremy's to pick up Rello Daisha told me her swimsuit I bought her didn't fit, so she jumped in the car with us and we went to trade it in. After trying on 7 different swimsuits she finally decided on the neon pink one with sparkelies (that's how she says it). Mandy and I were starving, but it was so hot I just got a small icee, plus it was 4:00 and I knew we'd be ready for supper when we got home. I shared a blue bunny ice cream bar with my sweetie while we fixed dinner (so we split the 120 calories but it was more like 50/70).

I was going to cook spaghetti, but everyone said it'd make it too hot in the kitchen. The husband made grilled cheese sandwiches for him and the daughter and I made a parfait (160) for my main food and his side dish. I also had another whole wheat English muffin with honey (210). After dinner as we were looking through today's puzzle on the couch we also shared a Hershey's candy bar (105). We blame the daughter for buying them. True story. She also tried to get us to eat Reeses pieces! We told her she was a bad influence. We stood strong on the Reeses Pieces, but failed the Hersheys test. I also failed eating enough fiber today and getting in my veggies. I'll need to make sure I eat a lot of veggies tomorrow.

I'm blogging early tonight so I can get to bed at a decent hour. We have to get everything else packed tomorrow because we're cleaning at the other rental Saturday, going to church and Gma Shorty's Sunday, and moving in to the new rental Monday. I just saw where it's supposed to be 96 on Monday. I'm thinking we'll wait till evening to start moving or maybe even Tuesday. Monday's supposed to be the hottest day of the week. We'll see. But tomorrow, we need to finish packing and the husband will be gone to meetings all day again.

Food Intake for Today:

BREAKFAST: Potato dish (see above) 200, WW English Muffin w/butter spray and hone (210), and 1 cup of skim milk (90)
Snack: none
LUNCH: Small Icee (150 calories) http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2003795
Snack: Shared a Blue Bunny Ice Cream Bar (50) husband at the other 70
DINNER: Yogurt Parfait (homemade--usual split an 80 calorie Danon Fit=40 cal. add fresh raspberries and blueberries and use Special K granola) total=160 Plus a WW English muffin w/butter spray and honey (210)
Snack: 1/2 Hershey's Chocolate Bar (105)

Total Calories Today= 1200 (need to eat my greens)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed