Friday, June 4, 2010

DAY 149- Healthier Eating Journal

Be sure to read the article below about not eating before a sporting event or a workout. It's definitely food for thought. Today was a very rainy, melancholy day for many reasons. Rain was appropriate. Some sadness and weariness today. May I just say that some people.... me.... stress eat for other people too and not just themselves. Dumb huh! But sadly true. And... if we think we're having some little trials, we can always look around and see that other people are having much larger trials. Today was one of those days where I went.... really???? is it that big of a deal? Who does it hurt? Not you. What goes around.... comes around. You reap what you sow and I know that people who sow dishonesty and contention.... well... it'll bite them in the butt. People who lack integrity... spend a lot of time justifying and lyin'. Rhymes for a reason. My last thought.... this too shall pass.

Okay.... so to my daughter.... I love you. You're a great mommy and I do not want your job at my age. However, I will ALWAYS be here for you. And... I will eat for you when needed!! (bad). The middle son is missing his wife and baby Maddy as they make their visit to Missouri to see her family (his Mother's Day gift to her) and I'm glad he lives near his brother so they can spend time together. I know his brother is loving it. And thank you Stacy for being so good about everyone popping in. Jeremy (the oldest son) informed me John Wooden died tonight. A poopy end to a poopy day. That said, I know there are a lot of people who had much worse days than we did. Like Wooden's family.

What a giant. I got to see him in person when they inducted him into the Hall of Fame here. He is just my idol. I have stolen so much from him as a coach. His methods work-- my trophies and state championship are small evidence. His own record is the large, undeniable evidence. I will never forget his sock talk, first 30 min. of practice the same, his pyramid, and his dedication to God. What a giant.

So food seemed pretty minor today. Rello and I had scrambled eggs and toast w/butter spray for breakfast. I also had some cantaloupe. I gave him a bath and we headed to town with his mommy and baby Kayson. He was elated that we included stopping at his cousins in our travels again today. I know we are very boring company when he gets home because we are not his cousins. We went to Wal-mart to get purified water for the baby bottles and the evil McDonalds is inside. Rellie spotted it immediately and knew that Shrek toys were in the happy meal. He's 2...... I caved and got him the happy meal w/chicken nuggest, juice, evil fries, and a Shrek toy I didn't even recognize with flaming red hair. Must be from the new Shrek. I ordered a chicken sandwich and ate it with only one side of the bun (the side without the mayo) and some fries. It was a stress day. My daugther had a parfait and some chicken nuggets.

When we got home later in the day I made spaghettie with whole wheat noodles. I also made a green spinach salad with apples, carrots, craisins, and cucumbers. Rello ate some spaghetti and had his tapioca pudding. Him and grandpa are tapioca fanatics. I also had 4 oz. of pop thanks to Sam I am. Thanks Sam! :) I still appreciate you though and it's always fun to have you over to visit Mandy. You two still seem like you're in high school when you're together (they're eating movie snacks and watching a movie as I type this). It's good to maintain positive relationships that don't detract from your grown-up responsibilities. Sam is great with the kids and she will be a great mommy some day.

The husband will be here tomorrow night. Hooray! Rello can sleep on his head and I get homemade chocolate chip cookies on Sunday! His daughter misses him too. She always was a daddy's girl. I will have to hide Rello's tapioca from him though. :D

Today's Food Intake: (stress eating included at no extra charge--except calories)

BREAKFAST: 1 scrambled egg w/spinach (90), 1 piece of WW toast w/butter spray (100), 1cup of cubed cantaloupe (50)
SNACK: Wheatables (140)
LUNCH: McDonald's McChicken sandwich minus 1/2 bun and no mayo and a small fry (500)
SNACK: Banana (90)
DINNER: WW Spagehtti w/hamburger and Ragu sauce (325-350) and spinach salad w/apples, craisins, carrots, cucumbers and low-fat ranch (100), 4 oz of pop (75)

Total Calories Today=1500

And on that note.... I'm going to count my blessings that I didn't hit 2000 calories on such a stress day and I'm going to go do my squats and crunches.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking care of Jas while I am away. I know he enjoys spending time with you. I love you and will see you when we get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy and Stacy have been the real ones taking care of him. I think you'll have to surgically remove the brothers at the hip upon your return. Today's the only time I've cooked for him but he helped me out more than I helped him. We all miss you and Fatty Maddy though and I know Jas will be glad when you're home. :D I'm sure your family is loving their time with you though.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed