Monday, June 21, 2010

DAY 165- Healthier Etaing Journal

I've got to post this in 3 minutes before it turns midnight and it shows the wrong date. Talk about a long day...... We got up at 6am so we could run around with our heads cut off getting the house ready to show. Normally it's not such a big deal, but I had all those tubs and boxes out because I was sorting every closet and organizing it and we were trying to get things done that we normally do to show the house. Plus... I'm a bit OCD so instead of just washing down the cabinets in the bathroom I looked at them and said, "Hmmmm.... these need restained again."

So instead of just making beds, cleaning off the counters, and dusting, I was also staining cabinets, sorting and organizing boxes, and tubs, and I'd have random brain farts like the staining of cabinets and I think I should clean out the fridge right now and I think I should take out all the family pictures that are in outdated (ugly) frames (I didn't used to think they were ugly frames) and put them in a box and give the frames to the Lion's yard sale along with the other boxes and huge bags of stuff and stuff from our garage. It was great to give it to a good cause AND we didn't have to do anything but take it over there. Yeah!

So the alarm went off at 6am and we were eating breakfast (Frosted Mini-Wheats scarfed down w/blueberries) at 6:30am. From then to 10am it was mayhem and the last hour we were literally speed-walking to get the last of it done. See we were also loading up to head home and our plan was to be all packed and out the door right before the realtor arrived and we could just hit the road. Well my diversion projects made me forget about.... me. Like... brush your hair, teeth, wash you face. I did put my clothes on and we did have the car loaded, but my personal items bag was still in the drawer in the bathroom and at 10:15 when we headed out the door with 15 minutes to spare... we knew we'd have to come back so I could restart my morning by washing my face, brushing my hair and teeth, etc.

When we got in the car it occurred to me that I was starving. I usually eat every two hours. And... we had gone like trains for 3 hours without stopping or sitting down. Lifting, cleaning, loading, packing. We headed to Subway and the husband ran in and got those breakfast sandwiches we had the other day. I was not exactly presentable so I waited in the car. I had the same one- English muffin w/egg white and bacon, etc. and he had the same one he had last time too. I also had a pop because I was a little shaky. I have a little low blood sugar. I know. O.J. would have done the trick. I have not scarfed my food down that fast in a very long time.

Then I waited in the car again as he dropped some papers off at his office and I was wondering what was taking him so long (no one was there today-- school's out) and he came out and said he had weighed himself. He lost 4 pounds this week! He was quite proud.... and so was I. Of course I told him I was pretty sure I gained the four he lost. So we went back to the house and I beautified myself and we hit the road. I kept thinking, "Man we ran around like that all morning so someone could spend 15-20 minutes in our house and maybe not even buy it." Well.... true. But such is the way of real estate and selling houses. The good news is.... the house is wonderfully clean and organized and that's a very good feeling when you're leaving for the week. Plus we got a lot done and a lot packed.

It was the normal long trip but it was easier since we were together. I did visit with an old friend on the phone. I called her to tell her my hubby got the VP job with a mutual acquaintance of ours. I asked her if she was driving and she said yes, so I said, "Oh, I'll make this short then." You see, she's a little crazy on the driving and she'll be the first to admit it. I won't go into how many times she got us lost taking our teams to camps. She's about 5'3 maybe 4 tops. She was my coach in high school then she later recruited me to coach with her and I absolutely love her. Good woman. Bad driver though. White knuckles and quick feet on the brake. :D

It was good to see the kids and all the grandkids today. They had made papa a special Father's Day tie. It was a tie that they had each decorated and signed with fabric paint. They want him to wear it the first day of work. :D :D :D I do too. :D I think little Maddi came back from Missouri a few inches taller and sitting up on her own. She no longer bursts into tears when Mandy looks at her either so that's progress. From there we went and picked up Mandy and her boys. Rello was very excited to see us and I was excited to see him. We loaded up and went to my mom's for a family dinner. Derek, who just returned from Iraq, was there along with his brother, Adam, and my brother (his dad) and Jackie. I had some roast and potatoes and declined the pie because we had snacked on the drive down.

I did pack and plan snacks ahead so they were decent. Had pretzels and cheetos, pickled carrots, roast beef (which I rolled up inside of 1/2 slice of Swiss cheese) and an apple. Greg had an orange. We didn't stop anywhere to eat and gas was 20 cents a gallon cheaper over there so we were not happy when we got here today and saw it was still $3.00 a gallon. When we got home from mom's we unloaded the car and I started reading a book Jeremy got me. Then I realized it was midnight and I still hadn't finished my blog. So.... Good morning and Good night.

Today's Food Intake:
BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230)
3 hours of calories burned cleaning and packing
LUNCH: English Muffin egg white w/bacon, low-fat cheese, spinach and tomato (250) and pop (200)
Snacks: Cheetos, pretzels (300), Apple (80), Carrots (30), roast beef thin slices w/1/2 pc. of cheese (90)
DINNER: Small piece of roast (130), 1/4 cup of potatoes (boiled)50, carrots, (10)

Total Calories= 1370 (but pretty sure I worked off atleast 200-- probably more)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed