Wednesday, June 2, 2010

DAY 147- Healthier Eating Journal

I am now officially less than 30 days from reaching my New Year's goal. I wanted to lose 20 pounds and I've done that, but I revamped that to getting down to 140, so I still have a few pounds to go by July 1st. I also wanted to blog daily about my journey to eating differently and losing weight and I've done that too. I am proud of myself because it hasn't been easy. I will say though, that I may have quit several times along the way if I didn't have to sit down and face this blog every night. The accountability factor has been all the difference in me sticking to it.

Speaking of that.... I did much better today. I knew we would be having an end-of-year fiesta lunch today so I only had a 90 calorie fiber one bar for breakfast and a small banana (80) for a morning snack. I made my taco with chicken, 1 tblsp of rice, 1 tblsp of beans, lettuce, tomato, 1 tblsp of avacado, 1 tblsp of sour cream and I didn't eat the shell (220-250). I also had 1/2 cup of fresh sliced strawberries (20) and a sour lemonade slushy (120). Oh, and probably 6 chips w/salsa (80).

It was a nice last day with friends/faculty. I work with some exceptional teachers and staff members who are the kind of people I want to hang out with outside of work. I'm reminded of the Donny Osmond song about a few bad apples don't spoil the whole bunch. Something like that. My sister was the Donny Osmond fan.... not me. Anyway, I felt a little like the kids today saying goodbye on the last day. Sad.

After school it was still pouring rain and I started feeling like I was in Oregon because everything's turning so green. Don't have to worry about when to water the lawn, but you have to have that umbrella with you everywhere you go. I'm hoping the sun comes out tomorrow so we can enjoy our first day off. The ladies from our church are throwing the daughter a baby shower tomorrow so I'm worried there will be homemade breads and cookies there (they're elderly ladies). I think I'll ride my bike tomorrow before the shower just in case. That way.... I can eat it without guilt. See.... that's planning ahead. Do not mock me Kali.

So for dinner we had some grilled chicken cut up (140) and I had a small baked potato with butter spray and sour cream (100). Later I checked my fiber and decided I needed a little more so I had another fiber one bar (90). Thank you Mandy for stocking me up on those. Rello is ready to go fishing. He likes to go "catfishin" in the river, but it's been raining too much. Maybe we'll go tomorrow if the sun ever comes out. Anne (daughter-in-law) flew to Missouri today to visit her family while Jas works in summer school. We will miss her sweet spirit and baby Maddy will get to see her other grandparents. Glad they got there safely.

Total Food Intake Today:

BREAKFAST: Fiber One Bar (90)
SNACK: Sm. Banana (80)
LUNCH: Taco without shell, lemonade smoothie, 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries, 6 chips w/salsa (450)
SNACK: Fiber One Bar (90)
DINNER: Grilled chicken (140) and a small baked potato w/butter spray and sour cream (100)

Total Calories Today- 1000-1100

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed