Saturday, June 19, 2010

DAY 164-Healthier Eating Journal

Well I didn't do too bad today and we even went to town. I love going yard-saling and to the Farmer's Market in I.F. I know... why are you yard-saling when you're packing your house up. The husband kept saying... "now remember, we have to pack whatever you buy". Well one of the things we were going to town for today was to buy some tubs to pack things in. Some things are just easier to pack and store in tubs instead of boxes. Especially since we're probably going to have to put everything in a storage unit. So.... we found a garage sale and they had all these tubs emptied out from stuff for the yard sale and we asked if they were for sale and yep... they were. The really big ones were $2.00 and the medium ones were only $1.00 and they all had lids. Score! They also had some crazy looking boots that I know my basketball players are going to covet. Kali... what size do you wear?

The Farmer's Market is so much fun and they have such cool things there. Mainly healthy stuff. We picked up a bag of fresh little red potatoes to make new peas and potatoes and he had also grown the fresh onion bunches. Another place had granola w/dried blueberries and ground flax seed in it. Cheap too. And the corn nuts are really big and very puffy-- not heavy. And I always get a jar of the pickled carrots. I didn't get the cookies or fresh bread I usually get though. Normally we get some plants there too, but we're not sure if we'll be around enough this summer to harvest everything in our garden as it is. Our strawberries should be on before long.

I got a little more closet cleaning and organizing done today and beat the hubby in Pinochle (okay... he won yesterday and will pout if I don't put that). I am going to put in a late night and make sure all the closets are packed and organized before we head home to the other side of the state tomorrow (for Father's Day). Didn't do too bad with eating today but it was a very munchy kinda day. I tried to get more fiber in and did okay.

Today's Food Intake:

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (for fiber) 230
Snack: Sliced strawberries and bananas (100)
LUNCH; New peas and potatoes (made w/skim milk), 3oz. salmon, asparagus (300)
Snack: grapes throughout the day (100) and corn nuts (100)
DINNER: 1/2 can tuna fish (50), wheat crackers (130)1/4 cup of cottage cheese (70) and 4 pickled carrots (40)

Total Calories Today= 1200

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed