Tuesday, June 8, 2010

DAY 153- Healthier Eating Journal

First of all.... Happy late birthday Jackie. I'm such a bad friend not to say it on your birthday. I totally blame my brother for not telling me. :D Forgive me. Secondly.... welcome home from Iraq Derek! I went to the airport today and it was a bit humorous because I got there 20 minutes before his flight was to arrive and Luke, his brother was there, but everyone else was running on standard family time (show up 5 minutes EARLY):D. As we were chatting a guy came walking up from the directions of the waiting seats and it was Derek! His flight had gotten in quite early and he had just been waiting for us! So, he greeted everyone instead of the other way around. It was kind of good because each time someone showed up they got Derek one-on-one time including his little girl. My brother... his dad... was last because he dropped everyone off at the door and went to park, so Derek took the "Welcome Home Dad" sign his daughter made for him and stood at the top of the stairs hiding behind it as my brother came up the stairs. It was pretty funny. My brother leaves for Iraq (also 2nd tour) in a couple of months. I try not to think about it, but they tell me it's nothing like the first time they were over there. Derek said he had 23 mortars blow in the first week he was there last time and this time there were only 2 the whole time. Of course, being a woman and a mom.... I just think "it only takes one..." Okay.... just feeling very glad that he's home safe.

The husband scrambled some eggs for Rello and I this morning and made us some toast (250). For lunch I had wheatables with tuna (200). The no-bakes are gone.... thank goodness, so my daughter gave me a mini candy bar- nestles (50). Isn't that sweet of her? Then my oldest son stopped by with his family and they brought me some fancy chocolate with raspberry liquid filling (40 calories per sectionX3=120). For a snack I had a new wheat thin cracker that's thinner and has great fiber. You get 15 for 120 calories and 5 grams of fiber. I shared with the grandkids.

Grandpa took the grandkids to the park and then to get ice cream. I didn't go. After they got back from ice cream the husband and sons went to the "guy movie" Iron Man or something. Not my kind of movie. I went to the airport to see Derek instead. After the movie I met them back at McDonalds for the Tuesday 1/2 price kids meals again. I know.... real healthy. Share your meal when you go out... skip the cheese... get as much baked or grilled instead of fried, and did I mention if you share meals, you share calories and save money as well as calories. My meal even sharing was 600 because I shared a drink too. I know.... I'm not being a very good example right now.

My daughter went out running today and didn't go to McDonalds. Maybe I should let her take my schedule over for a while... except we're heading to the other side of the state tomorrow. So maybe not. I just watched the Jillian show. I really should be a better example to my grandkids. Less ice cream and fast food. More fruit and veggies. I did feed them wheat thins...... okay.... something to work on. I love my family very much and feel blessed to be with them so much.

today's food:

BREAKFAST: scrambled eggs (he made me 2) and WW toast w/butter spray (250)
Snack: MINI nestle candy bar (50)
Lunch: Wheatables and tuna (200)
Snack: chocolate from my son (120)
Dinner: child size hamburger w/shared fries and drink (600)
Snack: sipped some of my husband's icee (80)

Total Calories: 1300 (the calories weren't the issue today..... the KIND of food I ate today... not so healthy)

I'm going to do my squats and crunches right now with my head hanging low. My water bottle needs to be my best friend tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed