Sunday, June 13, 2010

DAY 158- Healthier Eating Journal

Well we have church services so late on this side of the state due to the building remodel that it's kind of crazy. Don't go to church until 1pm. So... we had a big breakfast: bacon, eggs, toast, and simply hashbrowns. I made the scrambled eggs for two using two eggs and added to more egg whites. I scrambled fresh spinach and mushrooms in them and sprinkled a little thin shred cheese on top. I used butter spray on the toast and spray in the pan for the hasbrowns-- no oil. Most importantly, we ate breakfast together and visited before he headed off to church meetings.

I put a pork roast in the crockpot to cook so I could make pulled pork later and I didn't eat anything else but a banana before I went to church. I read some scriptures and I read an article on John Wooden before I went to church. I enjoyed both. :D I also enjoyed the speakers at church today and the Sunday School lessons. My spiritual cup was definitely filled back up. It was nice to be home with the people who have taken me in for the last five years. They are good people.

When I got home I had to add the honey bbq sauce to my pork roast after I drained all the broth off and pulled it apart. Then I put it back in the crockpot to warm through while I baked the funeral potatoes with leftover potatoes and brown rice. I know... sounds gross. I hated to see leftovers go to waste. I just added a small can of cream of mushroom, a couple tblsp. of sour cream and some seasoning and mixed it all. Then I sprinkled a little cheese on top and some cornflakes which I sprayed with butter spray and a little more cheese. I also mixed up some low fat cream cheese and crab for dip with the wheat crackers to snack on while dinner cooked because I knew we'd be starvin' Marvins when we got home since we didn't eat lunch.

After dinner we had some company and we served some low-fat Creamery Select ice cream with the fresh raspberries, blueberries and a few blackberries and just a drizzle of chocolate syrup. I only had 1/4 cup of the ice cream. The husband had 1/2 cup. By the time you add the other stuff, it's plenty and it's SO GOOD! Later in the evening I did get a little hungry again and had some bits of jerky and friend at church gave me Rolos (which I love) and I did eat.....

So another 1500 calorie day. I already did my exercises so I'm fine with that. Weekends tend to be days I eat more for maintaing than losing weight. Of course that means I have to work harder tomorrow and eat less. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed