Friday, June 25, 2010

DAY 169- Healthier Eating Journal

Only 5 more days until I meet my New Years goal of blogging every day for 6 months about my journey through trying to change the way I eat and losing 20 pounds. Then all 3 of you who follow my blog will have to fill another 5 minutes of your life doing something besides reading my blog. I think I'll get it printed... unless they want a ridiculous amount to print it.... so I can read back through it and hopefully remember what I've learned and not just backslide because other people encourage me to eat the wrong things by being around them. July 1st will be my last blog.


It was another hot day, but not as hot as yesterday thanks to cloud coverage. It's supposed to be near 100 on Monday, so the plan is to be inside where there's A/C on that day. Today was bill day. Get my check. Pay the bills. Call and get the address changes made for everything. Call and get utilities, internet, etc. lined up for the new location. I feel like a nomad.

I had Frosted Mini-wheats for breakfast w/fresh raspberries in them because I definitely didn't get enough fiber yesterday. I also had a Fiber One bar for the morning snack. For lunch I had a ham sandwich with the left-over ham (no cheese) and some fo the quaker mini rice cakes. Spent most of the afternoon on the phone then went and made and paid bills.

After that we went into town to babysit the grandkids so their parents could go on a date and get a little break. I made the kids spaghetti because they all love it. Rello came too. We had green beans to make sure we got in our greens today and I made a banana cream pie out of the pudding mix and threw in real bananas because the kids (and the husband) all like those pies. After dinner we let our tummies rest then took all the kids to see How To Tame a Dragon at the cheap theater. Of course they all got their little kids movie packs and I had some of their popcorn. We didn't get any of our own popcorn or pop though so I suppose that's progress. The movie was okay but I'm glad we waited to see it until it went to the cheap theater.

Of course the kids always think if papa's with them we have to go get ice cream.... so we got cones at A&W. On the way there we saw a big elephant outside the car wash and since we'd just seen the dragon movie, I thought it'd be cute to stop and take their picture with it. We even put daisha inside the bucket by its nose. Well Rello was beside himself. It seems the elephant resembled a dragon a little too much for his liking. Bryton was in the same boat so papa had to hold them both for the picture and neither one could get back to the car quick enough.

So that was my day and why I ate what I did.

Total calories today=1500

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed