Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DAY 161- Healthier Eating Journal

Okay... I have to think about calories. Just going.... okay, I made my weight goals so I'm just going to eat healthy food is not enough. You HAVE to pay attention to your calories. I got up and ate my cereal-- Special K Low-fat granola (I added cinnamon) and some fresh blackberries. My morning snack I had two slices of my raisin cinnamon toast (are you sensing that I like raisins and cinnamon). Then.... the rain and the wind.

Killing the plans. We decide to drive to Rexburg and check out the DI there. Found lots of books we like. Bought them. Decided to hit Applebees by one of the exits. You'd think those salads they have on there are low calorie because they're salads.... NOT SO. That grilled shrimp and spinach salad w/bacon vinagerette is like 900 calories according to calorieking.com. I had a chicken basket instead and only ate 1/2 of everything, but I also had some of the spinach dip w/chips in the appetizer. When all was said and done, I safely polished off 1000 calories. I won't tell you what the husband ate (it has the word pasta in it), but suffice it to say that he beat me in calories by quite a bit.

Then.... if that wasn't enough... we stop at wally world on the way back because we have a coupon that makes the baby wipes free and the middle son needs us to pick them up for him (they're his coupons) and I wait in the car because between the rain, hail, and wind... I'm not feeling the need to walk anywhere. I get a call and I'm on the phone when he gets back in the car. As I'm talking he's putting a piece of candybar by my mouth and out of total habit, I just eat it and keep on talking. After I hang up I ask what kind it was (obviously chocolate) and he tries to offer me another piece! No bob. 130 calories just like that. I mean obviously we were still starving from lunch... right.

So..... I decided we pretty much get next to nothing for dinner. We did split an orange for a snack in between but that was it untill supper. I was going to try the wheat flatbread and just have an open face sandwich, but even that seemed like a lot so I made a breadless sandwich using the thin slice of cheese as the bread. I used two pieces of the thin roast beef (30), 2 tomato slices, some spinach leaves and a little mustard smeared on top. That was it. I sliced up strawberries in a cup (50) and added 1/4 of fat free milk (20). I had 220 calories for dinner but obviously I still had plent of calories left over from lunch!

I'm doing my exercises (at home) tonight and I'm going back to the gym tomorrow but there's suppose to be one more day of poopy weather. I think we're giving up on the garage and moving inside for packing tomorrow. I also think we'll be eating a little lighter (not hard to do after today!).

I think I'll see if the husand would like to learn Tai Chai tonight. :D

Today's Food Intake:

BREAKFAST: Special K Granola Cereal (230)
Snack: 2 slices of cinnamon raisin toast (160) w/butter spray
LUNCH: Applebees (1000)
Snack: 1/2 orange (40)
DINNER: Sandwich w/cheese as the bread (see above) and 1 cup of sliced strawberries w/1/4 cup of fat free milk (220)

Total Calories Today= 1650

I've got to get rid of 150 calories (exercising) before I go to bed tonight. Hmmm... that's about the amount of the chocolate my husband gave me.... thanks sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed