Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 164- Healthier Eating Journal

Happy Father's Day to my dad, my sweetie, and my sons.... all great fathers. I am sorry to say that I had to whip the husband at Pinochle even on Father's Day. I did bake him brownies though (and ate some). Don't worry... I counted calories ahead of time so I'd be fine. Got to see one of my favorite x-bball players today. Looks like she'll be getting married before long. It was so good to see her. I love that girl. We talked about getting together a team reunion next summer for our state championship team. That would be awesome. I told her the barn dream. Don't think I'll have the barn ready for the reunion though. I'll share the barn dream some day... not today though. It's always amazing to watch my players grow into their lives and dreams and become the people you always knew they could.

So I woke up with a major sinus headache this morning and I was seriously thinking about not going to church because if anyone even coughed the noise hurt my head. I took my tylenol and my steroid nose spray and within an hour, I was feeling much better. Besides.... think about it... Oh God... I have a headache today. I've had worse, but it is annoying so forgive me if I don't go. But..... could you please bless my children, help us sell a house, watch over us each day.... etc. You get the picture. Now I have had real sicknesses that I felt fine not going but what is faith without works.... dead. (I believe that's a scripture.... wait.... I know it is!).

So for breakfast I made us the yogurt parfaits w/fresh blueberries and organic granola and I also had a piece of cinnamon raisin toast w/butterspray. Our morning snack was a banana. We had a very light lunch because church doesn't start till 1:00. I made some more homemade salsa and I had 9 chips with it. Sorry, I count everything these days. It's crazy how fast calories can add up if you just go hog wild. Believe me I know!! Been down that piggy road. Recently in fact. I dread going back home and finding out what I weigh after a week with the husband. The pants are not as loose as they were at the beginning of the week so that's never a good sign. The husband mocks me too. He got out a pair of jeans to put on and said... "I wonder if I can fit back into these again. If I can... I've lost weight." He was all dramatic about it and I believed him and I said, "What size are they?" He laughed and said, "36... the only size I own." He was mocking me. I pouted.

He may make fun of me... but I've noticed he's counting calories as much as I am now. And... he isn't eating nearly as much as he used to. He could do more crunches though to get rid of that Santa belly. My bike is at the other end of the state too because we like to go biking together. Of course it's been Wizard of Oz weather around here so don't know how much riding we'd have been able to do anyway.

So we were going to head back home today, but got a call from our realtor last night and they're showing our house in the morning. That means I have to get up at 6am and finish filling all those tubs I bought and get them put back away because it's never good to have boxes and tubs all over your house when you're trying to sell it. So... didn't get to spend Father's Day with our children.... sorry Anne and Stacy. We know they had stuff planned. But we will see them tomorrow. Your dad says thanks for the card banana.

Here's my eating for the day:

BREAKFAST: Parfait and 1 slice of cin. raisin toast w/butter spray (250)
Snack: small banana (80)
LUNCH: Chips and salsa (200)
DINNER: 1/2 cup of yam (baked) 80 and a small hamburger patty (no bun or cheese) 200
Dessert: 2 brownies (340) 1/4 cup of low fat ice cream (60)

Total Calories Today= 1210-1300

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed