Saturday, March 20, 2010

DAY SEVENTY NINE- Healthier Eating Journal

Well the kid friendly breakfast was also grandma and grandpa friendly-- frozen waffles (110 calories per waffle) w/smuckers sugar free strawberry topping (25 cal. per 2 tblsp.) and some real strawberries added in and 2 tblsp. of lite cool whip (20 cal.) for a scrumptious kid delight (or grandpa)1/2 cup of hasbrowns (Reesers) in Pam spray (70 cal.) 1 scrambled egg (90) and two pieces of bacon (90). Grand total=410 and well worth it! After breakfast I handed out a dollar bill to each kid and we headed out to look for a few yard sales.

Our first stop was to return the DVD player that didn't work. No problem- they gave me my money back. The next stop was at Albertson's to pick up water bottles and some flowers for Grandma Shorty. She's been sick and I wanted to make her a bouquet. They had Tiger Lilies and a spring mix that I knew she would love. After we had our water and flowers, we found a few yard sales on the way to Gma's house. Every time we pulled up to one devoid of toys.. Tucker was not a happy camper. He'd quickly return to the car. Just when our time was running out and we thought we'd never find a "toy" yard sale, we stopped at one last one before we hit the road that turned to their house (back to mom and dad). Gold mine!! Not only did they have a little transformer... They had Star Wars the movie! I was excited too because the had Thomas the Train videos and at 3 for $1.00 little Rello would love them.

After we dropped the kids off with their yard sale finds, we headed out to Gma's and my hair appt. Greg dropped me off at the salon and went on to see his Grandma meaning that he was in charge of making the bouquet. Now we've had the talk about not plopping them in without cutting a few inches off the bottom and removing the rubberband or leaving them in the same clumps they came in. He assured me it was beautiful and I'm sure it was... to his Grandma :D Oh and I found a beautiful vase to put them in at one of the yard sales. I had a great conversation with the beautician (they are always such good gabbers) and had plenty of time to contemplate my Sunday school lesson while I was under the hair dryer. Now before you envision an elderly lady w/rollers-- my highlights were drying-- not the rollers.

From there we headed toward home and stopped at Subway to share a footlong for lunch. It wasn't very good. The more I eat the real bread, the less I like the buns of any sort. Greg had eaten soup and pineapple upside down cake at his Grandma's so he wasn't very hungry anyway, but the sandwich was my lunch so I ate most of my half. When we got home we had some time to pick up and get ready for the evening's company. Greg did some honey-do's around the house including hanging the curtains I bought at the yard sale to complete the princess room. Before we knew it, it was time for company.... family. It was good to have all my children together again. We all walked to the park for family pictures. What beautiful children and grandchildren we have. They all have beautiful families. The pictures were cute and the kids got to play.

We went with hamburgers on the Goeorge Forman grill for supper and I skipped the bun on mine. Baked french fries for the kids and steamed red potatoes that I seasoned with lemon pepper then sprayed with butter spray when they came out. They really turned out good. I also had a little of the left-over jello-cottage cheese salad. I had two baked onion rings, but they're only good baked if you get them crispy... can't handle the soggy stuff. Cranberry juice was good too.

We played some games, visited, and looked at pictures when we got home. Mostly, I just enjoyed having all my children together again. It's what makes me happier than anything-- having all my family with us. I ate more than normal today, but I never really sat down much at all today, so I'm sure I lost a little of it. What I didn't lose, I can work off a little more of tonight before bed and tomorrow when I go walking. My sweetie is making chocolate chip cookies for our cookie walk tomorrow and I'm eating one. Only one though. Being happy is no excuse for overindulging. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed