Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DAY EIGHTY THREE- Healthier Eating Journal

After eating my oatmeal for breakfast I sat down and tried to run through the music and dances for my spring play. Thank goodness for youtube. I can type in any song and not only can I listen to it, I can see the dance video that often goes with it-- well the newer songs anyway. Surprisingly, I found myself going to some Korean and Chinese bands with some new hits and some great dance videos. The translation was a bit of a challenge, but I was able to find some translation on the words. Music is pretty universal though and so is dancing. I took a break to cook lunch. I made baked potatoes, steamed veggies, and a grilled t-bone steak which I split with the husband.

Then I walked to the school with Relly in the stroller. One of the slightly inclined streets we walked on suddenly seemed more like a small hill when I was pushing a stroller and hefty two-year-old up it. I needed the workout though and work's only a few blocks away. When I got there I set up the display window for the play and Relly played on my classroom stage, delighted in the drinking fountains, and drove the stroller up and down the empty halls. Oh, and he liked the echo of his voice in the empty halls as well. Papa came and got him to go downtown with him. When I finished I grabbed the stack of reserach papers that have been patiently waiting for me. I'll do those this weekend. I decided to jog most of the way home and the hill part was much easier going down. :D I also wasn't really dressed properly-- jeans and a hoodie. I did have my tennis shoes on though so I couldn't resist. Since I've lost weight my pants have gotten looser and today I found out just how much looser when I jogged home. I was reminded of that guy on American Idol who sang "Pants on the Ground". Yeah, it's harder to run when you're holding your belt loop to keep your pants up. I walked the last block to spare the neighbors.

Cooked supper when I got home and Relly woke up from his afternoon nap mid-supper. He was not a happy camper that mommy had gone bye-bye without him and daddy was still at work. Grandma and Grandpa were not in the same category. The only thing that finally calmed him down was when we all sat down to supper. I made up a noodle dish with the 7 grain noodles and McCormick alfredo sauce mix (I add two cups of skim milk to it instead of one and NO butter when I make it). I boiled the noodles and I added a small bag of frozen peas the last minute. I grilled salmon separately with Pam spray and seasoned with lemon pepper. I cooked the sauce when the noodles were on their last minute. After I drained the noodles and peas, I put them in a casserole dish, covered them in the sauce, sprinkled them with the dry container packed romano cheese shreds, and spread chunks of the cooked salmon over it. It was pretty good, but would have been better with asparagus and mushrooms too. I had 1.5 cups of the noodle dish and shared a piece of toast w/Relly. I used the butter spray and sprinkled a little garlic on it (toasted potato bread)and it tasted just like garlic bread. I made a low-cal peach cobbler with the oatmeal topping (no crust) and some lite cool-whip for dessert.

After dinner, Relly went back to missing mommy and a miracle happened during his second meltdown... he saw a small ant on the floor near the window. Normally, I am horrified to see small ants inside my house, but he was instantly intrigued and elated at the same time. I showed him how to squish them knowing there's rarely just one sneaking in, and sure enough, there were four or five. Okay, all you bug lovers... calm down... they're ants. They breed and creep and crawl. Either he squishes them or I squish them. Plus... he stopped crying. Ants and spiders are not my friends. Butterflies... that's a different story. Speaking of stories, I need to finish writing Act IV of my spring play. Spring Break is half over and I still have a few things left on my list of "fun" things to do. If the weather cooperates tomorrow and I can find a tire pump, I'm going on a bike ride. I'm going to paint the grandson room this weekend. I still haven't explored all the little shops downtown yet either so maybe I'll go for a walk with my sweetie tomorrow. So many ideas, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed