Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DAY SIXTY NINE- Healthy Eating Journal

Since yesterday I've had time to put things in perspective. Most normal people eat 2000 calories a day (okay, young people and people who are exercising more than I am). So, it's not the end of the world, as my husband reminded me. We used to eat that many calories in one setting at Perkins for breakfast. It is good to plan ahead and to know how many calorie choices you have in what you're eating, but it's not the end of the world if I eat a few more calories once in a while. See... I have recovered.

I only had time for 1/2 of my cup of hot chocolate this morning (spring play auditions so I have students coming for morning auditions) and 1/2 of an English muffin. I might have hit 200 calories. Used butter spray on the muffin. For lunch, I just have to say the lunch ladies at my school have been SO helpful to me on my diet. If they don't have calories posted, they find out for me and are so nice about it. Plus, sometimes if they don't have something fixed that I can eat, they make me something. Today they were ready for me and told me the rice bowl with chicken and steamed veggies only had 320 calories. They also told me I probably wouldn't want the eggroll because it was 165 calories by itself. They are really helping me out. The rice bowl was also very good.

When I got home I had a hard boiled egg. I feel like the kids sometimes because we eat lunch so early, that I'm hungry when I get home from school, but I don't want to eat supper that early. I hung some more pictures on the wall, then made a green salad (Romaine lettuce, apples, carrots, tomatoes, and fresh, chopped cilantro). I like my salad dressing that I make from mixing a tsp. of low sugar strawberry jam with a couple of tblsp. of Zesty Italian. I also like to sprinkle sesame seeds in it. I had the other half of the English muffin with it and it was the last of the muffins, so I think I'm done with that bit. After that I painted the trim in the army princess bedroom. Painting white over light 70's green is not an easy task. You should also paint during the day when there's light. It might not be so pretty tomorrow when the dark and shadows are gone to hide my freehand attempt at keeping lines straight. I plan to decoarte A LOT to make up for the less than princess walls. Sorry Daisha Sue!

I'm starting to think that the boys room might be fine the way it is. I hear my husband's voice repeating "It's just a rental. We don't own it. Stop!" I'll just get the walls all painted and decorated in time for school to be out then I'll be back home. Well, at least the next renters will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed