Saturday, March 6, 2010

DAY SIXTY FIVE- Healthy Eating Journal

It was such a beautiful day I just had to jump in my car this morning and go see if there was a yard sale somewhere. My daughter and her husband and little Rello came with me. The first yard sale was right in town, but nothing we needed. It did get the heart going just to see a yard sale sign though. I decided to drive out into the country to look for a house that people at church have been telling us about, but we didn't find it. The little town we went to is only a few minutes from where I live, but it's out in the country and it reminds me of an Amish town. As we were driving through it we noticed a sign that said Auction. We stopped at the church and went inside. I think the whole town was there. Everyone was eating biscuits and gravy and browsing the tables of auction items. Some things were pay and take and we quickly made our way to the baked goods. Purchased some homemade zucchini bread and the pregnant daughter got some nobake cookies. I also had to buy an old dresser cloth with tatted lace. I love old stuff. I love small towns too.

From there we headed toward the city and actually found a few yards sales. It's always funny when women leave men in charge at a yard sale. Boy did we get some deals and some ever-so-needed grandkid toys. Rello was loading up faster than we could stop him. they had a little car station and a helicopter that talked AND a nerf football. Oh, and a small transformer and those expensive learning cards in the cute box. We loaded up both car stations and all the obove mentioned and took it to the "dad" cashier who glanced over our overflowing arms and said "hmmmm $1.00?" We all looked at each other in disbelief and I handed him $2.00. So we didn't find a dresser, which was what we really needed, but my $2.00 at the bottom of my purse was a gold mine for the grandson. And.... I'm sure that means that yard sale season has officially started. (My husband will be grumbling as he reads this :D).

On the way back from the yard sale we sung through another little town and I took everyone to an ice cream shop that I found last summer. Great cones for $1.00. And, I had the baby scoop so 1/2 cup max. Their tables had checkerboards painted on them and a little box of checkers in the middle so you could play. That was pretty clever. Rello loved the ice cream and the checkers. The shop also had a sign hanging on the wall that is very fitting for this blog: Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts!

So I had the dessert before my lunch, but since I just had yogurt for breakfast, I was fine. For lunch I had the 15 oz. Healthy Choice chicken and rice soup (240 calories). I dumped some of the broth out so I probably lost a few calories, but it fit neatly in a cereal bowl that way and I warmed it up. Then I chopped up some fresh cilantro and sprinkled in it. It was very good and very filling. I had an orange with it and that was it. Once I ate my soup, I started painting. The paint never quite looks the same as it does in the store or on the paint strip you pick out. You'd think I'd learn. Always go lighter than what it says. Well the princess room is more like army princess now, but I think I can make it work because I'm not redoing it. I added some stripes to lighten it up and once the trim is painted white, I'm sure it'll be fine. The good news is... painting is definitely exercise!

Bob and Jackie came over for dinner and I made them the chicken spinach lasagna. We had a green salad to go with it and I fixed the sugar-free angel food cake (premade from the store) with blackberries and lite coolwhip for our 100 calorie dessert. All total dinner was about 600 calories including dessert. Later on in the evening we played some dice games and I had them try out the 100 calorie Jolly Time Kettlecorn. They liked it. They said they liked the lasagna too and I'm going to believe them because my brother had seconds. It was fun having them over and remember... laughing burns calories... so smile often and focus on the good.

I am going to go scrub the paint off my toes (I always paint barefooted) and get to bed early tonight. Church tomorrow.... and a day of rest. YES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed