Sunday, March 21, 2010

DAY EIGHTY- Healthier Eating Journal

It was supposed to be almost 70 degrees today. I've decided the weathermen on this side of the state are not to be trusted. I'm going to start checking my weather info on line-- seems more reliable. It wasn't terrible, but it was kind of gloomy and a little windy. I'm glad we did family pictures yesterday when it was nice. It's supposed to be 49 degrees tomorrow so I'm thinking maybe it'll be 70! :D

It was still a nice day because it was Sunday-- a day of rest, reflection, and spiritual education. I had my cold cereal (found some with 160 calories -- milk included) and cut a small banana into it. Did the same with the husband's cereal. He is really humoring me with this and being a good sport. It may have helped that he's noticed his belt and pants are getting looser. Oh sure... he's lost 8 pounds in two weeks!! Of course he's been reffing and when I asked him what eating habits he's changed he said he's stopped eating the M&M's on his desk every day, cut way back on the treats and replaced them with healthier snacks like raw almonds and veggies. He's also cut out pop and Powerade and he's been doing the crunches every night. I think he's competing with me!! He might catch me too, so I think I'll make him a pie tomorrow! :D Now don't feel bad for him because he made me chocolate chip cookies today. I was going to have one-- I had three! That was after lunch.

We eat lunch late on Sundays after church. I made tacos and used the Lynn Wilson 100 calorie -- 0 Sat. Fat. tortilla shells. I browned the lean hamburger, sprinkled with taco seasoning and added the left over steamed red potatoes from last night (I quartered them into the meat). I sliced up some of the small orange and red peppers into the mixture to cook too. I also used the lowfat Mozzarella cheese, salsa, romaine lettuce, and I tried some of the Romano dry shredded cheese that comes in the containers. It had great flavor and I've never had it on tacos before. Also 0 sat. fat and low calories for a cheese. I only had one taco, but I was still hungry so I had the ingredients without the shell for my second taco. Then the cookies for dessert.

We don't eat supper on Sundays, so we just had the 100 calorie popcorn pouches while we played cards with my daughter and her husband. Minus the small cookies (150 calories) it was a pretty low-cal day.

Today was my first day teaching 11 & 12 year-olds in Sunday school. I had to teach about sacrifice and lead into the story of Abraham and Isaac. I asked them who the oldest child in their family was. They told me. I asked them if they would think their dad was weird if he sacrificed him (literally) to God. Now you would expect that some would be ready to sacrifice their older brother or sister-- then I remembered that they weren't quite teenagers yet... :D So... they were all horrified. And rightly so. But... that is the story. A story of real sacrifice. Now ultimately, he did not have to sacrifice his son, but I asked them to think of the sacrifices they make each day in their life and we all -- myself included-- seemed pretty grateful for how small they are compared to Abraham and Isaac's sacrifice. I also asked them to think of their oldest grandparent. Someone had a grandparent who was 94. She won. I said, okay, add 6 years to her and imagine she's having a baby. Ewww. My reaction as well... plus exhaustion. Well Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born... and as the boys noted during the reading of the story... he was hiking somewhere (at his age) that required at least three days of hiking. By the end of the lesson we were all impressed with Abraham for a multitude of reasons. Isaac too. That's a lot of calories burned and I'm sure Abraham didn't need it, but that's probably one of the reasons he lived so long-- 3 day hikes at 100!

My daughter was having some false labor pains last night so I was helping her out with her lesson this morning for the four-year-olds. I made the name tags for her and of course she made them all beautified with her scrapbooking brads and polka dot paper, etc. but apparently, my mind was not fully alert this morning as I hurried to print them out for her (she was still having some lower back pain). I didn't double check them, but apparently I made a BIG boo-boo. Luckily, her husband caught it and corrected it with a black crayon. In my defense, I have never seen these names before. It's perfectly normal to have a typo when typing so quickly and leaving out one letter isn't normally that big of a deal. Unfortunately, when your name is Morgan and I leave out the "g" it can be a problem. I felt so bad. I'm so glad he caught it. I'm guessing I won't be asked to help with next Sunday's print-outs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed