Saturday, March 6, 2010

DAY SIXTY FOUR- Friday, March 5, 2010

It was definitely a spring fever day. The weather was great... our FFA group sponsored a BBQ at lunch for students and staff... and it was Friday. My husband cooked me the eggs and spinach omelet for dinner and I was thinking "he's really getting this" but then he came over to eat lunch with me and brought me lunch. He had gone to a drive-in and brought back fried finger steaks (800 calories worth as we later discovered) and french fries. There was a "salad" in the container as well but it was jut the shredded iceberg lettuce they use to put on the hamburgers and a few thin slices of tomato on top (a.k.a. not a salad). He had bought himself a hamburger so I traded him and had him eat the fingersteaks instead. We didn't look up the calories until later and when he saw them, he felt bad. He just didn't know. Anything deep-fried is going to be a killer. Batter is another thing. If you eat chicken shrimp, steak, etc. even veggies fried in a batter, the batter adds to those calories as well. Needless to say, I didn't eat the fries and I was still the most grateful for being able to eat lunch with my sweetie even if he was trying to fatten me up. :D

Jackie came over for dinner and my husband cooked me that lobster we've been saving. He wanted to look up the calories before he cooked (he was still traumatized from the finger steaks) and was shocked when it said 100 calories. He happily ate his lobster at dinner-- guilt-free. We also had green salad and a baked potato. Once again though, the company was more important than the food. We had a great discussion around the table and one of the topics was of course what we've been eating since Jackie has been trying to do this as well. We talked about extreme diets with cleansing and carb cut-outs and the evils of wheat, etc. We shouldn't be extreme about everything. I watch my calories, drink mostly water as my drink, and make sure I get veggie and fruits every day. I do avoid fried foods but I have found other ways to cook those foods and once in a while I even eat some. I have to be happy and real with what I eat. I eat my bread, but I make sure it's multi-grain or whole wheat. It's not that hard. I have either potatoes, rice, or pasta every day and I'm still losing weight every week. I think if we just figure out the food we like and see how that food reacts to our body (white bread is a glue ball that sits in your stomach for example) and pay attention to our calorie intake for the day, we learn to coach ourselves. That is the main goal at the end of this experience for me: to learn to coach myself.

Jackie and I also talked about exercises because her back hurts. I showed her how to do the squats, lunges, and bed crunches. She tried them and saw that they are easy and won't hurt her back. We also discussed keeping a water bottle on hand. I'm excited to see how it goes for her. Plus... Jackie is always a ton of fun to have around. Tomorrow, (Saturday) I'm going to cook her my chicken lasagna. Well my husband has to leave at 4am in the morning, so we are going to bed early. I need the sleep anyway. Sleep is as necessary to your health as the food you eat. Wrinkles are another topic we need to discuss some day. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed