Friday, March 12, 2010

DAY SEVENTY ONE- Healthy Eating Journal

Most people probably would think... WoW... I've been trying this healthy eating/dieting thing for seventy one days withouth missing a day!! Instead, I keep thinking.... WoW... I've actually kept a journal every single day for 71 days. That's 71 journal pages. There's something helahty about putting feelings down.... as long as they are feelings that you would be okay with the world reading. I think you need to be good with who you are and what you think (obviously) but I think a lot could be said for learning to combine our strong female opinions with thought about what others will feel and think as they read it. I'm not saying you shouldn't disagree or speak up (eating meat), but do it in a way that invites civil conversation. Mostly though, is what we write healthy? I've read some diaries that are just down right mean and full of fault finding. What's the point? Eat healthy. Write healthy. Start thinking healthier. I've seen it be so as I've done this.

This morning seems like ages ago. It was the last day of open auditions for my spring play. I mixed my bowl of instant oatmeal and raspberries (no milk) once I got to school. For lunch I built myself a green salad and had celery sticks and peanut butter on the side. Had my almonds for my snack. No after school snack today because I helped with a track meet after school. The weatherman said it was going to be 59 today. He lied! I can barely move my fingers as I type. I think they are still unthawing. The worst thing a runner faces during track season is not the cold or the snow or the rain... it's the wind. I hated the wind as a runner. My hat goes off to all those student/athletes who sucked it up (literally) and ran their feet off today. And the adults helping out with the track meet were equally awesome. Troopers. In a small town it's so rewarding to see in the timers stand a mix of parents, teachers, a school board member, custodian, a student, and the principal. Only in a small town. Again.... awesome.

When I got home I had to do the quick version of my hamburger soup because I forgot to put it in the crockpot this morning. I crumbled the raw hamburger in the pot, then the diced up potatoes, baby carrots, celery, and seasoning. Then add the two cans of diced tomatoes. Add enough water to make sure all items (except tomatoes because they float) are covered. Boil on high until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes at a full boil. Turn down to low and add a can of corn (drained), green beans (drained), and olives (drained and cut in half). Sprinkle in a packet of taco seasoning and cook another 5 minutes. Eat. While I was waiting for the soup to cook I ran downstairs and tried out my daughter's new wii fit. VERY COOL. It tells you about your muscle, balance, posture, weight... everything. I set a goal to be at 145 in two weeks and it flashed a warning that I should take longer. So... my goal is 145in 3 weeks. I haven't weighed in a while because the scale has been broken. The wrestling coach told me he fixed it for me today, but I had auditions to finish then straight to the track meet, so didn't have time. So.... last time I weighed I was 154.9 (two weeks ago). Today.... 151!!!! :D :D :D IT'S WORKING... and I had a hamburger last night. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed