Sunday, March 7, 2010

DAY SIXTY SIX- Healthy Eating Journal

Beautiful Sunday morning. Only thing missing.... my sweetheart. How blessed I am to be surrounded by a supporting cast of friends, family, and community members. When I woke up this morning I could see two little eyes peeking at me from the bottom of my bed. Rello was making sure I was up. He loves going to church and he knows it means church nursery, bubbles, and all his little church buddies. His dad made him blueberry and bananan muffins for breakfast, but at 200 calories per muffin I decided to go for the eggs and toast instead. I knew I could have two eggs for the same calorie count as a muffin. I wasn't up to messing up the kitchen for bacon, so I doubled my eggs (two hard-boiled eggs) instead to go with my wheat toast. Every time I smash up a warm hard boiled egg and add the butter and pepper, I'm taken back to the farm and grandpa fixing breakfast before we went out to milk. I know that's why those eggs taste so good and why I love eggs so much. Yesterday I went and bought me some butter spray (well it's I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray) and was looking for the calories on it. I looked everywhere and finally I found it... right on the front in large print. Zero calories. It's my new favorite thing I'm sure. I sprayed a little on my eggs then little Rello decided he needed his muffin sprayed. My eggs hit the spot.

We all showered after that and Rello got his hair spiked in the front. He is, of course, adorable. I stuck the roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crockpot and seasoned them. Then I added the cabbage on top. If you put the cabbage on the bottom or submerge it too far into the water, it loses a lot of it's flavor and it goes very soggy. I also cooked the pumpkin tartets before I left. They were very, very easy to make. I didn't even use the foil muffin tin liners. I just spooned it right into the sprayed muffin tins. Go ahead and fill the muffin hole clear to the top. Don't waste calories on gingerbread crumbs. We are pumpkin pie lovers so we just scooped them right out onto our plates and ate them without garnish or coolwhip. They were 100% good without all that. My son and his wife joined us for dinner and we all agreed we are keeping the recipe because they were so good.

Here it is again:
100 Calorie Pumpkin Pie Tartlets : 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tblsp. cornstarch, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ginger, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 large egg whites, 1 can (15 oz.) Libbys Pure pumpkin, 1 can (12 oz.) of FAT FREE evaporated milk, 1 cup of lite coolwhip, 12 small gingersnap cookies- optional (broken into 1/4 inch pieces). Heat oven to 350. Spray your foil baking cups with Pam (or just spray your muffin pan). Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat egg whites in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Fill muffin tins to the brim. Bake 25-28 min. Cool 20 minutes. Top with whipped topping and gingersnap crumbs or just eat plain because they're that good and your calories would be even less. Makes 16.

My daughter made a fruit salad and cut up fresh pineapple, apples, bananas, and grapes and stirred in half a tub of lite coolwhip. You don't need the whole tub. We had this with out roast, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. We had the pumpking tartets for dessert. After that lunch, we really didn't need supper. I enjoyed the company of my son and his family and got to hold little Maddy while we played some games. She is growing so fast and she keeps an eye on her mommy to make sure she doesn't go too far. It's funny how quickly they develop bonds and personalities. We all rested a while, then I popped my 100 calorie popcorn that you're probably getting tired of hearing about. I talked with my husband on the webcam so we could share our day and now I just need to do some schoolwork for tomorrow and some crunches and my day will be complete. The next two days Shannon will be my coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed