Thursday, March 11, 2010

DAY SEVENTY- Healthy Eating Journal

I was thinking about meat a lot today because yesterday on the Ellen Degeneres show she had some author on there who was going on and on about how cruel it is that we eat all these poor, harmless animals every day and how they have feelings too. And, she had these people there who had watched when he was on the show before and they were carrying on about how he had changed their life and they were all acting like we're all barbarians or something. I'm sorry, but whether you go for the evolution theory or God created man and gave him dominion over the animals, etc. Either way, it's a natural part of the food chain. Plus, as much as I think some animals are "adorable" I don't think they should have the same rights as an abused or abandoned or neglected child. "Pets" should be treated with love, but if a spider crawls on me... I'm smashing it. If I raise a cow to butcher, I'm eating it. I had a hamburger tonight to protest the excessiveness of animal rights. Now everyone with your cute little dogs (Whit) don't get upset, I'm just saying there are pets and there are animals that are not pets. A cow, is not a pet. We keep goldfish and other types of fish in fish tanks, does that mean we don't eat fish? I eat fish. Okay.... I'll stop. It was just weird to see all these people going off about the animals and how everyone should stop eating meat period. Moderation in all foods, and if you want to go vegetarian.... fine... but don't start picketing for cow rights, pig rights, chicken rights, fish rights. I agree that you shouldn't eat red meat more than once a day and probably every other day would be better so you can get in your fish and poultry and lessen your red meat, but no meat at all!!! I don't agree. Processed meats like hotdogs and sausages are not good for you either and I limit myt intake on those a lot, but if you want to talk about the real killers, let's see everyone give up sugar. :D Or French fries. No animals killed in either of those.

So I didn't have time for the yogurt this morning, but I had my toast with smuckers sugar free jam and the butter spray. It was good. I have noticed that since I've eaten a light breakfast the last two days, I've been a lot hungrier at night. I'm going to make sure I eat 300 calories for breakfast. I have all day to burn it off. I reversed lunch and supper. I had the 1/2 baked potato with 1/2 cup chili and a little cheese for lunch and some greens on the side. For supper I had the grilled hamburger with lettuce, onion, tomato and did not feel any remorse. I tried eating some popcorn at the auction but it was way too salty. I got some great deals at the auction, but it put me home really late and I have one more day of morning auditions for the play, so I better get to bed.(after crunches of course)

2 comments:

  1. Way to tell those animal rights activists whats what. I am going to eat a burger to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed