Wednesday, March 3, 2010

DAY SIXTY ONE-Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My apologies for being late with the post (all two of you :) I was working on the end of the season basketball picture DVD for our upcoming banquet and didn't realize how late it was. I went to bed at 2:00 am and woke up this morning realizing that I didn't post. Hey, at least I wasn't thinking about food so much that I had to write about it! I remember it was Raundee yesterday so I had a spinach omelet for breakfast and sandwich on wheat with baked chips for lunch. I also remember eating cottage cheese. The rest is blur quite frankly, but there wasn't any chocolate or hidden treats, so it was good.

I was reminded that a single event can cause a domino effect in your life. It can affect where you live, who you'll know, what you'll spend most of your time doing, and maybe even a change in your career or prioties. A decision like what food will I eat today or how much will I eat today is such a minor decision in contrast to other life-changing decisions, but at the same time, I think a lot of our food decisions are made because of how we feel about our relationships, our jobs, our communities, and talents and dreams (or lack of). The more I do this, the more I see the connection.

Sometimes if we're super happy, we want to reward ourself and we think mmmm lobster, eating out, steak, rootbeer floats, chocolate, etc. Other times we're disappointed and we think ice cream, hot chocolate (for some they turn to other beverages), etc. And in even deeper emotional times, we aren't hungry at all. It's definitely all connected. I think the key is to #1) just accept that they're connected and that as long as you don't go overboard in any of these emotional eating approaches, that it's perfectly normal to do this once in a while. If you "need" ice cream (and sometimes, we just eat because we like it, so don't forget that), you just need to have an ice cream cone-- not a pint. If we're not hungry-- don't eat too much that day, but don't carry that to the extreme. If you want to eat out-- go ahead, just make healthy choices (and make sure you can afford it of course).
On a happier note, I do remember that one of my co-workers gave me a piece of homemade cranberry bread yesterday that was really good and I am posting the recipe for you. Apologies for slacking last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed