Friday, March 19, 2010

DAY SEVENTY EIGHT- Healthier Eating Journal

No school today. We're on Spring Break. Isn't it funny how when you know you can sleep in and you don't set the alarm... you wake up at the same time you always do. Then you lay there and think, "You don't have to get up. Why are you awake? Go back to sleep." But if you allow yourself to think of one little thing you want to do that day or one little anything other than sleep... You're awake for good.

So, I got up and cooked Relly and my daughter some scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. I had my oatmeal w/berries and a piece of toast because I had an egg yesterday. After that we decided to take a walk to the post office and what a beautiful day to go for a walk. We even found yard sale signs on the way to the post office. We were a little disappointed when we got there... nothing we wanted to buy... but we had the fever, so we headed home and loaded up little Relly. Imade the orange jello for dessert for later and we left.

We had so many yard sales to choose from (okay 6 or7) that we were pretty happy campers. At one yard sale Mandy loaded up two bags of like-new boys pants for Relly and some for the other grandkids. It was a dollar a bag for as much as you could fit in there. That's our kind of yard sale! On the downside... I picked up a DVD player (the kids need one of their own so they can watch movies because there's no cable TV in the TV they can watch at Grandma's. I know... Grandma's so mean. Unfortunately, she told me it worked... and it didn't. She said I could bring it back if it didn't. I paid $5.00 for it. So I will be taking it back tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Everything else today was a great deal though. Best place to buy summer clothes for kids. We also stopped at Wendy's for lunch and I had the small cup of chili. I love their chili. That was it for lunch. When we got home I had some Balsamic chips before we headed out the door to pick up the rest of the grandkids.

We picked up the grandkids and took the scenic route back through the country. When we got home I made the noodle shrimp stir fry and added more frozen veggies to the mix. I also added the cottage cheese, lite cool whip, and mandarin oranges to the jell-o. The kids liked the noodles in the stir-fry, but only one of them ate the jello dish because they didn't like they're food "mixed". I was disappointed, but lesson learned. Plain jello it is. The big kids (their parents) are coming tomorrow and I know they'll eat the mixed jello, so it won't go to waste. :D I liked it too.

After supper we took the kids for a walk to the park. Exercise complete! It was fun and we're going to take them back tomorrow. We played dress-up princess in the new princess room (and read the Cinderella story) and papa played the new transformer board game with the boys then everyone was ready to camp on my bed and watch a show. I cut up some apple slices for our show treat. No Wiggles tonight. I've had plenty of exercise today. I will still do my crunches though. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed