Thursday, March 25, 2010

DAY EIGHTY FOUR- Healthier Eating Journal

Shannon's always talking about adding flax seed to her food so I bought some a few days ago and this morning I sprinkled a little in my yogurt. Well... honestly, it reminded me of weevil!! Looked like it before it leaves the shell! Yikes! It was just too disturbing. I could hardly eat the yogurt and the crunch just made it worse! I'm sure it's good for you and I'm sure it tastes good to some people, but it was like having raspberry seeds in my teeth besides the whole weevil look. Maybe I did it wrong???? I had a piece of whole wheat toast for breakfast too.

After breakfast we decided to try out the wii fit and see if either one of us had lost any weight. We were both a little nervous after the crazy eating day!! :D We also wanted to try out some of the workouts. He looked hilarious doing the hula-hoop. Dancing has never been one of his strong points... the kids can testify to this. (Love you honey). It was definitely a workout though. I did it too. Then I did two of the different running workouts and a step workout and something to do with balance. While it says my weight is normal now, I am still a little short of my goal. I started at 167 and today it said I weighed 149. I'm in the 140's!!! :D :D However, in order to hit my 20 pound mark (that is when my husband gets to buy me some new clothes --even though I pulled out my old jeans from a few years ago and they fit--)I have two more pounds to go. My ultimate goal is to be at 140 by July 1st. That is also my six month mark of journaling my eating challenge. So 9 pounds to go and I'm losing less each week. It now takes me two weeks to lose two pounds, but I'm feeling so much better that even at 145 I would not cry if I just held steady there. Okay.... I'm too competitive... I have to go for 140. My husband said I can't go under that though. That's just because the wii said I was normal and he was a little overweight. He had also lost another two pounds though so he's getting closer.

For lunch we went downtown to the Bistro and had some good sandwiches. I had turkey on whole wheat and ate 1/2 of it. I also had 1/2 bag of chips w/it and a small Italian Soda. Oh, and I ate 3 of the pickle spears (15 calories total). I love pickles! And they're so low in calories!! I didn't know that until after I ate them though. :D After lunch we took the daughter in town to pick up diapers and I had to get some picture frames (Mother's Day is coming up). Shopping always burns a few calories :D If my daughter wasn't pregnant, she'd be a toothpick just from the shopping alone! :D Of coure when you're a coupon queen and rarely spend over $10 on any given trip (groceries or otherwise) I suppose that's okay. I just give her my shopping list so I don't have to hear the lectures on what I paid for certain items.

Papa broke down and drove to DQ for a dilly bar for the pregnant daughter (I'm starting to think she's a worse influence than the husband) and a baby cone for the baby. Of course he had an Oreo blizzard (small though, so that's something for him) and I splurged and ate half a small hot fudge Sunday. Just couldn't resist chocolate any longer I guess. You lose a few pounds and you think... what the heck... I can eat that. True, but I'll have to run some more tomorrow. I'm good with that. I've been doing squats and lunges so much now that the running was a piece of cake today. People often think that you just have to go guts out and build endurance by killing yourself and pushing yourself as far as you can run each time. I disagree. Build your leg strength first and your core strength and just walk and do mild things like shooting around or biking. If you do that first, the running is so much easier to ease into and less of a heart risk. That's my unprofessional opinion, but I'm living proof because I've done it both ways and I was shocked when I ran yesterday and today, that I wasn't a bit tired. My legs weren't tired. They're strong. Keep doing those squats and lunges each night along with the crunches and if that's all you did every night... I GUARANTEE you will notice a big difference in your legs and stomach.

Tonight we played some cards with the daughter then I cooked potatoes and gravy (homemade) and thin porkchops (which are actually not too bad in calories at all). We finished the peas off from yesterday too. No dessert tonight.... we already had ice cream earlier. I did have 9 wheatables when we were playing cards, but that's it. Today was more than I usually eat, but I also exercised more than normal and still stayed under 1500 calories, so all is well. Well, I need to go play some cards. I did a puzzles today too. I love that my husband and I have so much in common. Sitting on the couch with our puzzles, doing them alone and together. Playing cards. Watching basketball games. Going for a walk. Just being with my best friend. That's the best part of any vacation. Now I better go make sure he's not thinking about any more ice cream tonight. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed